Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dc0415 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Miranda Warning
    Do you believe use of the Miranda warning has increased or decreased the number of confessions obtained in criminal cases
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Please do your own homework. We would be happy to critique what you have done, but we aren't going to do your work for you.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Miranda warning when they ask you if you understand your answer should be NO!! And do not say anything else after that, remain silent!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Stopping the use of beatings and torture has reduced most of the confessions.

And of course police can still lie to the suspect about all sorts of things to induce a confession still.

And honestly, everyone always knew that if they said something it would be used against them.

I doubt that the use of it has had any real effect on confessions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not know what to do... PLEASE HELP... (warning this is complicated) [ 14 Answers ]

OK, so I am very new to the whole "relationship" scene, I am 20 yrs old and just lost my virginity a month ago. I am a late bloomer yes, but I honestly wanted to wait to do the deed with someone I deeply cared about, and I can honestly say that I was falling in love with the girl I was with. The...

Diamond dogfood recall WARNING! [ 4 Answers ]

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE Subject: DIAMOND Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:23:45 EST You may think the Diamond food scare is over, or that only a limited amount of product is involved. Not so. On Monday, March 6 - after 3 feedings of Diamond's Premium Edge Chicken, Rice and Vegetables...

Warning - scary url sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to "Disturbing Horoscope warning: very freaky scary" While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on. That took me to a page that required birth details and also...

Browser windows close without warning [ 11 Answers ]

What causes windows(such as an IE browser window) to shutdown spontaeously??

View more questions Search