Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmccafferty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 09:08 AM
    How to disable user movement from slide in PowerPoint
    I want to build an interactive PowerPoint presentation in which I use buttons/hyperlinks to let the user move to the appropriate "next" slide. I want to disable the user's ability to go to the next slide using enter, page down, etc.

Is there a way to do that?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 08:30 AM
    You need to enable KIOSK mode. In Kiosk mode, the only way to navigate is using onscreen elements. The ESC key is the only keyboard key that will still work, and it will exit the presentation.
    • Click on SLIDE SHOW > SET UP SHOW
    • Select Browsed at a kiosk (full screen)
    • Click on OK
    rmccafferty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
    If I set it up as Kiosk, will the user still be able to move from slide to slide using my buttons with hyperlinks attached? I thought that in the Kiosk setting, the slides just continually ran.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
    No, Kiosk mode only means "no keyboard". The presentation runs as designed. The only time a presentation runs from slide to slide on its own is if you set it up that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prevent PowerPoint slide show viewers from editing the show [ 1 Answers ]

I have a powerpoint presentation with custom animation (pictures fading in automatically and music playing in the background) that I want to sent to people as a Slide Show to view but NOT allow them to change. There are no settings in PowerPoint to protect against edits and Microsoft's web site...

Change the way user log on or off in user account [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I re-installed my operating system recently . I wanted to change my display screen if I go to the user accounts and click the option which is CHANGE THE WAY USER LOG ON OR OFF it displays a message saying that CLIENT SERVER FOR NETWARE HAS DISABLED THE WELCOME SCREEN AND FAST USER...

Powerpoint.ppt [ 6 Answers ]

What are the different types of diagrams you can have on a slide using powerpoint?

Powerpoint [ 3 Answers ]

I know how to insert a CD track into a powerpoint but can only get it to play on my computer while the CD is in my computer. Is there any way to save the file and send the powerpoint with the music?

View more questions Search