Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newbie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2003, 07:39 PM
    Hotmail
    Hi
    Recently when I try to go to Homail, I get asked for my Id and password and then I get taken to my inbox directly. I don't want this! I want to go to Hotmail and then click on sign in and then enter my Id and then my password. Just like I'd do before. How do I do this?
    Thanks
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2003, 12:01 AM
    Re: hotmail
    newbie, hi, are you sure? When I log in to my hotmail e-mail account, the news Homepage page 1st comes up just fine, where the tabs for HOME, INBOX, and CONTACTS are. Even with my firewall and pop-up filter in place, I can still access my hotmail e-mail just fine.

Ok, here is what you can try:

Update you IE browser to the latest version by going up to TOOLS at top of IE menu, and then scroll down when the TOOLS box opens, to WINDOWS UPDATE. Then, just follow the on-screen directions. When it says "finished" OR "re-start your computer now?", click on OK or YES and let your computer re-start.

Once you have updated your IE browser, go into "TOOLS" at the top of your browser again, and then scroll way down to "INTERNET OPTIONS" which you should click on. When the "INTERNET OPTIONS" box opens, you should see tabs listed such as GENERAL, SECURITY, PRIVACY, etc.. at top of "INTERNET OPTIONS" box.

Click on SECURITY tab. On each of the 4 pictures, click on each one from left to right. On each picture icon that you do click, click on "DEFAULT LEVEL" near bottom right of the INTERNET OPTIONS box. Then, after doing this for the last icon, click on "Apply".

Now, still in the "INTERNET OPTIONS" box, go to the 'PRIVACY" tab & click on the "DEFAULT" button down in the lower right side.

Now, way to the upper right side of the " button down in the lower right side.

Now, way to the upper right side of the " box, you will see the "ADVANCED" box, you wil see the "RESTORE DEFAULTS" button at the lower right-corner. Then, click on " tab. Click on the " and then click on "OK".

Now, still in the " button at the lower right-corner. Then, click on " box, go all the way to left where you will see the "GENERAL" and then click on "GENERAL".

Now, still in the "DELETE COOKIES" box, go all the way to left where you will see the "DELETE FILES".

Click on each of these buttons, and wait for the hour glass symbol cursor of your mouse to return its normal mouse cursor. Then click on " tab. Then, click on it. In the middle of ", and then click on "OK".

Close your browser, and re-start your computer. Then, re-open your browser. Try to log back into www.hotmail.com again and see what happens. ;)
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2003, 05:08 AM
    Hotmail
    Before you go getting rid of your cookies - especially if you rely on some of these try this. It sounds like you want to go to http://www.hotmail.com, get asked for your user name & password & have it not remember it. You might have accidentally clicked the box that says remember my password?

What I did to cure this - I went & changed my password - signed out & closed the browser. I then went back to sign back in & it asked me for my user name & password. I used the new one - you can change it back now :)
    anjhanaa_kl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 09:17 AM

Hi,

I can't open my hotmail for months now. Help. Tnx
    Selvie
    mohdarwish Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 10:39 PM

Dear Sir;

Since a week I faced a problem when I signed in my hotmail account , there is a message ( your account has been blocked) my account is [email protected]
    *** advise & reply me by this mail [email protected] , my location is Saudia arabia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail page [ 5 Answers ]

Why can't I open the hotmail page in my PC. I use Windows XP and AOL connection. !! IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH HOTMAIL.! I HAVE ALready checked the security level but it seems not to solve because the page is never openned. I also cannot connet using the new MSN Messenger. Tks Francisco -...

Hotmail Password? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't plan on doing anything illligal, but I have lost my hotmail password, would it bee possible for me to make a program, like how like zip password recovery programs work, it will enter every possible password until it finds the correct one, would this be possible to do/?

Hotmail account [ 11 Answers ]

Hello my friends , How are all here ? I wish all are very good , I have question and I wish some body here help me , my email is stolen many time ago May be 1 month and I can't return it , but all my message s and mailes there so pleaz help me My email is So...

Hotmail and msn [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been having a problem with accessing my hotmail account via msn explorer and the web. When I use either one it just takes forever to load never does. Also, when I click the search icon on internet explorer it fully loads and all but when I click on customize nothing happens. I thought...

Seeing hotmail mail [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up my email software to read my hotmail mail. What is the server name?

View more questions Search