Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2003, 12:01 PM
    Clearing serach term window that pops up
    Hi -

How do you clear the search term window from Internet Explorer? Every time I search in Google or wherever, it has sort of a "history" of past keywords that pops up under the bar :D. It actually pops up when I register for anything, showing a sort of default of past registration names/terms.

I'm not talking about the "history" bar that shows past URLs in the browser address bar...
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2003, 12:16 AM
    Clearing serach term window that pops up
    Starry, that's easy. All you have to do is go up to the top of your IE browser (presuming you are using IE), where the menu options are, and click "TOOLS". Scroll down to INTERNET OPTIONS, and click on it.

Click on the CONTENT tab. In the PERSONAL INFORMATION section, click on AUTOCOMPLETE, and click on CLEAR FORMS & CLEAR PASSWORDS.

To get more info on this method, try this site at:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/autocompletep2.html

And/or

http://www.searchenginewatch.com/ser...le.php/2165181 :D
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2003, 04:44 PM
    Re: Clearing serach term window that pops up
    Also - if it is just one field that you want to clear & not all of the fields, try this:

Go into that search field - double click to get all those terms to come up. Hit the down arrow to highlight one of them & hit the delete key. Hit the down arrow & delete key until they are gone.

I do this a lot because I rely heavily on the user name / password feature & also rely on the automcomplete a lot for "real" forms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are...

Light switch pops [ 6 Answers ]

On occasion, I will turn on a light switch and it will make a slight pop (not loud at all but you can hear it). It doesn't happen all the time, actually it doesn't happen all that often. What causes this? Just curious if this is normal or if its something to be concerned about. Thanks!

Clearing old data [ 4 Answers ]

When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home

Clearing slow drain on tub [ 5 Answers ]

I live in an older home and have a tub and bathroom sink that drain very Slowly. When I drain the sink, I can hear a gurgling in the tub drain and, When I put a lot of water down the sink drain, some water will come up from The tub drain into the tub. I've been putting some Drano down the...

Clearing the previous e-mail addresses [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I log in to MS Messenger, I immediately get all the previous entered e-mails, is there anyway to clear them out so when someone else comes next to me can't see my e-mails addresses. I have already tried to clear them out by the following: • Internet Options • Content • ...

View more questions Search