Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobp1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Identify a silver plate
    I have come across a small silver plate, (serving dish) it is about 8 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches long. It has a matching cover with a removable handel. The handle twist off and locks on like an old style radiator cap, with two tabs that lock under matching tabs in the dish top with a quarter turn. The bottom of the dish is marked with the word Hallmark under the word hallmark is stamped H18. The removable handel and the fitting in the lid are marked h16. The dish is basically very plain, the rim of the dish is turned under and it is possible to see that the rim has been soldered to finish the piece. This looks like it may be an oven to table platter for an individual serving
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Would it be possible for you to post a couple images of it taken at different angles on this thread? Doing so would really be helpful to us to help you the best here!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My plate is stuck in my pot! [ 15 Answers ]

I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I...

Decorative Swith Plate or Wall Plate and Switches [ 5 Answers ]

We're looking to replace our standard switch plates with "decorative" plates, mainly in the kitchen backsplash. We have seen plenty of options for the plates, from pewter to copper to nickel, etc. Are there options for the actual switches themselves? Can we get switches, such as simple light...

Plate tectonics [ 3 Answers ]

Which of these plates are composed mostly of oceanic crust? a.north american plate b.north atlantic plate c.pacific plate d.african plate e.nazca plate f.philippine plate... more than 1 right answer

Steel Plate [ 1 Answers ]

I am drawing for a manufacturer to bend steel plate into a U shape. The steel is galvanised and 1.5mm thick. How do I show the Radius of the bend? What is the maximum radius I can bend with 1.5mm steel?

Plate tectonics [ 1 Answers ]

What is the theory of plate tectonics?

View more questions Search