Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Starjet 2.5, Transcend Corrupt
    I have a external hard drive, which I think got corrupted by not safely removing the drive as advised. I guess the guy using the drive unplugged it while its was copy data to or from his computer.

When I plugged the drive into my computer, it could be recognised as "local disk" with "RAW" file system with both used and free space at 0 bytes.

How can I recover the hard drive in this state?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    How can i recover the hard drive in this state?
    Hmm, you maybe don't. What OS are you running? Can you see a partition in Disk Management or your OS's disk tools?
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 01:10 AM
    I am running XP SP 2

The drive is not displayed in disk manager, but this gives me an idea to test the drive on another OS, what do you think?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 08:21 PM
    I would pull the drive out of the enclosure and confirm its physical operation by installing it directly into the machine and then using the drive manufacturer's diagnostic software from a boot disk for non-destructive testing. If it checks out, the enclosure may have an issue.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 03:25 AM
    All right, will try it out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transcend Pendrive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ,I having 1 GB flash drive of Transcend company.for some unknown reason that showing "write protected ,disable it to use" message is coming.I tried several ways but not succeeded.how to disable that write protected flash drive.presently it allows to copy from the drive but not to that drive and...

PS2 corrupt files [ 1 Answers ]

hello all I have got 2 corrupt files on my PS2 and I can not play a game called Jak X combat racing and I think that's how come? So how can I get the corrupt files off my memory card along get my game to work? So plase help me.:confused:

MAPI32.dll corrupt [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to install MS office 2007 and just when it started cancelled because I thought I might loose my e-mails. After that, when I open MS outlook 2003 I get "mapi32.dll corrupt.... please reinstall". If I reinstall MS outlook 2003 will I loose my emails?

View more questions Search