Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Aug 14, 2008, 01:02 AM
    US whites 'to be minority sooner'
    Hi All,

I've just read this article;

US whites 'to be minority sooner'

And was wondering what people thought of the story!

J
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 14, 2008, 02:31 AM
    May well be a correct prediction, if not precise in 2042 than a couple of years earlier or later. That's how life goes !

:rolleyes:

Aug 14, 2008, 03:06 AM
    I think it's a really interesting subject... although, to be fair it's only in the last few hundred years that it swang to US whites being the majority!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 03:25 AM
    whatever

so long as the population still embraces American values I don't care what the race or ethic breakdown of the demography is.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 14, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    I think it's a really interesting subject ... although, to be fair it's only in the last few hundred years that it swang to US whites being the majority!
    Yup : the reality before immigrating whites stole almost all the land and rights away from the non-white majority

:)

Aug 14, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Yeah, but that was back in the days when the British were better than everyone else, so it was OK!

He he!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 05:51 AM
    I can count how many white friends I have on one hand. I Grew up in a neighborhood with mostly black and Latino families. So it's cool with me.

I am not quite sure what American values are. But from what I can tell most people want the same thing no matter what country they are from individual freedom, better education (although they might want to stay away from public schools), and just privacy although that is slowly slipping away also.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    But from what I can tell most people want the same thing no matter what country they are from ...
    Agreed. A summer backpacking through Europe made that all very clear to me.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Yup : the reality before immigrating whites stole almost all the land and rights away from the non-white majority

:)

Ya, Never miss an opportunity to take a jab at us Americans. But of course this statement comes from the same man that doesn't use the word "Gringo" in a disparaging manner when referring to us.
    You really are a piece of work, people that have disdain for a whole nation/group of people are pathetic.
    Just thought I would call you out on your prejudiced attitude against America once again, you have a nice day sitting in your ivory tower.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 09:58 AM
    My state, Texas, became a majority-minority state two years ago. I've lived in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood most of my life so I haven't noticed anything different anyway. Like tom I couldn't care less who the majority is as long as they embrace American values.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
    What are American values? If I was an Immigrant and you had to explain American Values to me what would they be?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
    My parents would say

- work hard
    - study hard
    - follow the law
    - advance
    - raise a family
    - and follow your mother :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Those values aren't purely american of course. We could easily call them common sense values instead of 'american' values.
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 14, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I love the fact that we embrace different races. I, personally, do not care about a persons race - I care about the core of people. Now - I have experienced predjudice towards myself, being caucasian and it is a horrible feeling. My only concern is this... when we are a minority, are we going to be 'treated' as such... financial aid, museums, special t.v programming?? Ever think about those things?
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
    I'm sorry but I honestly feel that 'American Values' is a coined phrase and little more.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Has anyone ever read about John Titor, the man who supposedly came from the future back to our time? He had some interesting things to tell us about our future. A lot of his statements have come true. One statement I found particularly interesting is the second US Civil War happening between 2008 and 2012. I would not doubt that the racial make up of America will definitely change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman snow plow on a whites tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know if I can attach a craftsman plow onto a white 1989 38" deck lawn tractor? Lawrence

My son's whites are now pink [ 12 Answers ]

My university student son informed me today that he needs to have some high end white clothing replaced due to them being laundered with something red (I didn't even know he OWNED anything red!) Is there anything HE can do to get the pink out and perhaps salvage some of these items?

How to get off probation sooner [ 3 Answers ]

The judge that put me on probation said I could pay a fine of 10k or take probation Now that I can how do I go about paying the fine

Ceiling Fan Wiring (Pink, 2 Blacks and 2 whites) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to replace an old ceiling fan, how ever my husband took it down and did not how the wiring was connected. I do know that the light on the old fan was controlled by the switch and the fan the pull string. The new fan is a remote one so I am trying to figure out what to...

Income Tax-------F1 under OPT,but sooner an H1B(Attention: ATE) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ATE, How are you? I am a Korean who grew up in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I am a Korean citizen, but I hold Bolivia residency. I came to California on February 16, 2001 on a B-1 visa. After 5 weeks, I went back to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in order to get F-1 visa. Then, on June 02, 2001 I came...

View more questions Search