Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbrogan1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 07:46 PM
    Kenmore front load won't do anything
    I have a Kenmore front load model 41741142000. It will not do anything. I had a repair guy come out. He used his ohm meter to trace wiring and no problems. Then he got to the door switch and replaced it with one he had on his truck. He determined the problem was the timer. He said I could easily change the timer and I did. Still nothing. Is there anything else to check or is it possible the door switch he put on was also defective. He did not use the ohm meter on the wiring to the door latch switch, just the fact the replacement also did not fix the problem. I hate to buy a switch if that is not the problem since I am already out the cost of his service call and the cost of the timer. Thanks
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 19, 2006, 07:43 PM
    The power comes into the washer through the cord, goes through the push/pull timer switch (pull is on), then goes through the door switch. The door switch only has two wires, so it could be bypassed for testing purposes by putting the two wires together, isolate from metal, reconnect unit to power and test. If it works, you've found the problem. If those two components are okay, it may be a fill problem (have you tried starting it in a spin setting?). Make sure you test at the start of the cycle by setting water temp switch to both hot and cold settings. Try these things and get back to me. Also, do you have and know how to use a volt/ohm meter?
    jbrogan1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2006, 08:11 PM
    I took the door switch to a parts store to have it tested. They could not test and I played my Vegas odds and bought a new switch. I lost. Now I have changed the door switch and the timer and still nothing. I could probably be talked through using the ohm meter. I have one. On this model the power comes in through the cord, passes a 'water temperature' board, goes to the door switch and then the timer (may go to the timer and then switch as you indicated) and then to the detergent/softener dispenser. There is another round thing that has wires going to it and looks like a little vacuum hose or somting is hooked to it and the vacuum hose goes down to the bottom to another metal box that has wires on it.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 22, 2006, 08:32 PM
    First, set your volt/ohm meter to test AC voltage, minimum scale 120 volts. Insert into the outlet with the washer plugged in (use other outlet) and report back with the reading. Second, find terminal number 1 (should either be marked on the part or on the wire itself) on the round pressure switch (part with "little vacuum hose"), set the machine timer to the beginning of a cycle, close & latch the door, pull timer knob out, then put the black lead of your meter on a metal part of the machine and the red lead on terminal 1 of the pressure switch and include that reading in your next post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer front loader [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore front loader washer that is five years old and is now making noises (periodic squealing). I removed the back panel and it looks like the belt is rubbing into the container. Can this belt be adjusted or am I looking at replacing this machine? Love the Kenmore, but cannot...

Glmlbact.exe keeps trying to load [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting this message that says that glmlbact.exe failed to initialize because ace.dll could not be found. Some guy that came to our office to beef up our security said that it was a virus that he removed and now it keeps trying to start but since its gone, it cant... and he left it at...

Cpu load 100% [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, Lately my PC has been running at 100% CPU Load constently. It is the 'System' process that is taking up the load. I tracked it down to the driver ACPI.sys, using process explorer. OS Windows XP Pro CPU P4 2.8Ghz Can anyone think of a way I can fix this problem?

Windows xp won't load. Help! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know much about computers but here goes. My mum is having problems with her computer, it hasn't been switched on for 6-7 weeks, when she comes to switch it on it comes up on a black screen with pci device listings. It won't goany further than this and won't open windows. I...

Windows xp won't load/boot [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my windows xp boot. When I try to boot windows I get the screen that says: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. Please re-install a copy of the above file. I would appreciate all your help. ...

View more questions Search