Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moralistictrout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Weird noises with avg
    I downloaded the free version of AVG antivirus and now my computer makes a weird noise every so often, I'm assuming it has to do with avg. is there any way to turn off the sound effects on avg?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 03:19 AM
    What sort of sounds are you hearing, please? I also have the AVG Free Edition, but I don't ever hear anything.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 17, 2008, 02:06 PM

Strange noises could be a number of things, a dirty fan, bad hard drive, etc.. Using AVG should not cause any noise, there is a another reason for the noise.

If running Windows xp, double Click My Computer, right click the C Drive (Local), left click Properties, in the next box under Tools, click Check Now under Error-checking. You will have to restart Windows for this to happen.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 05:02 AM

Hi,
    What type of sound are you hearing?Avg never create the sound so it might be cpu fan,hard drive and cd drive sound in your computer. Please try to check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird noises coming from Central AC [ 1 Answers ]

I apologize in advance because I am a complete idiot when it comes to anything remotely mechanical... so bare with me. :) I live in a building of condos where each unit has its own central heating/air unit. The unit is controlled by a single box on the wall, with one switch that controls...

Cavalier Noises [ 1 Answers ]

Some people I know are giving me a 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier, I don't know if it's 2 or 4 door, VIN #, or miles on it. They tell me that it is driveable but makes a little clunk noise when first put in reverse, but once it starts moving the noise is gone. They think it's the CV boot. Can anyone...

Weird noises coming from heat pipes in the wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have absolutely no idea what type of heater/furnace I have in my house. Anyway, this is my second winter living in my new home. This winter has been especially cold. Recently, I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sounds of water flowing through pipes in the wall. I soon realized...

Strange Noises! [ 3 Answers ]

I am running windows xp and suddenly it seems to be going very slowly and also there is a strange noise - like it loses power is the only way to explain it - like a vehicle about to stall! I have run AVG anti virus, ad-aware, spybot, ccleaner and have done a defrag - what else can I do to stop...

Weird Noises in Reverse [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to be given a 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier 5-speed and the people that currently own it says when it is put into reverse it makes a clunk noise, but once the clutch is let off and power is transmitted the noise goes away. They thought it was the half shaft boots, but Advance said if that was...

View more questions Search