Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mystifi78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Unemployed getting taken back for more child support
    I'm current unemployed and my ex wife is taking me back to court for more child support. I have not money and don't know where I can find attorney for free.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Why are you unemployed ? That's going to factor into what's going to happen in court. The courts can't force you to pay what you don't have but you can continue to owe it. ( arrears ) So its not likely she will be granted an increase. Did she state why ?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Look up your County in the Government Pages of your local phone book.

Then look under Legal Aid.

If they have services available in your area, that is where you should find it.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I wouldn't worry about her getting an increase as much as I would getting employed again. Like already pointed out they can't take what you don't have and as long as your unemployment is covering the support payments you will stay current but when unemployment runs out you will go into arrears fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployed dad & child support, never married to ex- [ 4 Answers ]

I am married with a man who has 3 daughters from his previous relationship. While there are many issues to ask about, I have a couple regarding child support: 1) If he and I are now married, can she legally come after any of my income or assets for child support? 2) Would my income be used...

Back child support for adult child [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas collecting back child support through a child support collection agency for my two adult children. I admitted years ago to my ex-husband that one of the adult child may not be his but he never took the DNA test and could not get the other man to take the test. This summer I learned...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search