Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryon44035 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 11:02 AM
    What is the name of this type of door lock?
    Hi there

We have a door lock, exterior door, that I need to replace.

There is one deadbolt, with a keyhole on the outside and a knob on the inside to lock/unlock... this one is unrelated to the one that needs replaced.

The one that needs replaced has a keyhole on the outside, and a horizontal handle on the inside. If the horizontal handle is moved down, it unlocks that lock. It does not interact with the deadbolt described above.

The handle-lock also allows you to insert a key on the outside, and turn it to the left, with the internal handle DOWN, and remove the key - leaving that latch in the 'unlocked' position where anyone can push/pull the door open (if the bottom deadbolt is not locked).

I've tried searching for paddle lock, handle deadbolt, and everything else I can think of but can't find one of these... do they have a certain name? Where can I buy a replacement?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Most likely just called an entry lock. Various designs by various manufactures. Look in front door entry locks or just entry locks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag washer door lock [ 5 Answers ]

I have a maytag front load washer and after the wash cycle the door lock light is on and won't release. Anyone know how to release it? Thanks very much.

Remote Control Key/Door lock [ 1 Answers ]

How do you program a keyless remote control for a 1998 nissian pathfinder

Door lock [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Bill -- just bought '98 Toyota Camry -- drivers' side door lock doesn't work -- other locks do work. Any ideas?

Accord 2003 Door lock, Alarm. [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a 2003 (used) Honda Accord. I cannot lock the doors by remote entry key, however I can unlock them OK. I cannot lock doors with the interior lock button, but can unlock them. The windows up/down seem to work intermittently with the key in door lock and I am beginning to believe...

View more questions Search