Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    senny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Physical changes while sleeping
    Are you heavier and taller while you sleep?
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 13, 2008, 11:03 AM
    You can't gain mass while sleeping (except due to weight gain from eating just before sleeping) but you can get 'taller.' As you lie down, spine relaxes from lack of gravity's downward draw and when you wake you'll be a few milimeters taller.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:38 AM
    I agree with WVHiFlyer. You cannot get heavier. In fact, you may get lighter because you are not eating or drinking but you are using up energy and releasing water in your breath and sweat. But you CAN stretch out.

Also, kids who are still growing can definitely get taller while sleeping--like a half inch in one night, I think I read somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emotional sex, not physical? [ 10 Answers ]

Last night I was spending some time with my boyfriend. We ended up having sex. After he said it was good, but then went on to say that sex with me is different than with anyone else he has slept with. I asked him why, and in return to that he said, its hard to explain but its all in here, and...

ACE Physical Science [ 2 Answers ]

How are plates moving at diverging boundaries?

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Physical measurement [ 2 Answers ]

What are the possible errors you are liable to commit in measuring volumes of liquids and irregularly shaped solids?

Physical factors [ 1 Answers ]

Why do we feel very warm when it's going to rain?

View more questions Search