Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KEVIN MAC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Sears riding mower has rpm surges
    Kolher 26 hp sears mower has rpm surges--will not idle smoothly, is this a dirty carb or could there be something else?
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
    You may have a governor linkage problem... Air cooled engines usually use simple linkage from the governor to the throttle. As the engine operates, the linkage vibrates and "eggs out" the round holes the link rods ride in... springs do the same... follow the linkage back, piece by piece, from the throttle and check each piece. Some governors use cooling air volume to measure engine speed. There may be a vane in the cooling air stream that should be inspected... good luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower engine surges [ 3 Answers ]

Craftsman riding mower is around 7 years old. Engine, not mower, surges in idle and while mowing; replaced plug, gas line, gas filter, filled w/new gas, & air filter. What else can I do?

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

My Craftsman riding mower jerks/surges while in motion [ 4 Answers ]

My 3 year old Craftsman GT5000 lawn mower jerks and/or surges while in motion. Is this a problem with the drive-belt? If so, would I be able to make adjustments to tighten it or will I need to purchase a new belt? Or, is it something completely different? Thanks.

View more questions Search