Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moose70 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2008, 07:53 PM
    A surge
    I realize some jobs should be left for the professionals. I want to try with a little help tackle this problem. My lamp post in front gone through over two dozen bulbs in 5 years. I am not sure what is causing the surge to short it out. We bought the house with this problem. I want to fix it.

Aside from hiring a professional any suggestions?

Thanks
    Jeff
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Loose connections, vibration and/or corrosion. Bad breaker. Bad lot of bulbs.

When replacing light bulbs use a film of vaseline or dialectric grease on the base of the bulb.
    Moose70 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2008, 09:40 PM
    I migh have to take the lamp apart to find the loose wire or replace the whole receptacle. Thanks I will look into this more after school is over next semester.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    Loose connections, vibration and/or corrosion. Bad breaker. Bad lot of bulbs.

When replacing light bulbs use a film of vaseline or dialectric grease on the base of the bulb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B&S surge [ 1 Answers ]

My 18 hp B&S model 422707 is still surging.I have cleaned the carb.and set the enrichment screw.Any ideas out there? Jack

LH surge detected [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 25 and my husband and I have been Trying to conceive for 2 years. I took an ovulation test on 7/1/07 and it detected my LH surge so ovulation would occur within the next 24-36 hrs. BUT I haven't had any detection of cervical mucus, I was wondering if I could get pregnant without detecting any...

The surge is working [ 24 Answers ]

Is this really coming from al-AP? First of all, after 4 years of daily detailing the carnage, the chaos, the 'conspiracies' and 'abuses', I'm floored that al-AP would say the surge "is working." But then again, there comes a point when critics must acknowledge even the most unwelcome facts,...

The Iraq Surge [ 11 Answers ]

I find it interesting that Harry Reid and company would make comments about how "the surge is a failure", that the military leadership is "incompetent" and that we should get out of Iraq, just as all this military progress is being made there. Comments from all comers are appreciated. Elliot

View more questions Search