Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marybricker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
    How do types of politics impact public policy making
    Specifically, how to majoritarian politics, interest politics, client politics and entrepreneurial politics impact public policy making in their own ways
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 04:09 PM
    What does your textbook say about it?
    marybricker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    What does your textbook say about it?

The book talks about how politics are politics that are based on an effort by the majority to benefit the majority, the interest politics having concentrated costs and benefits etc... nothing about how they impact public policy making just how they opperate
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 05:07 AM
    I will speak of the American system .
    Interest groups of all kinds (including the use of lobbyist to act as agents for their clients )have a legitimate right to attempt to influence public policy. But it is also legitimate to make law that curb the ability of a representative to profit from interest group lobbying .

As far as majoritarianism ;the founding fathers in America set up a system that attempts to curb the tyrannical impulses of the majority.That is why systems like the electoral college ;the bicameral Congress ;the different branches of government ,and a Federal System where power is not centrally concentrated was created .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Politics [ 6 Answers ]

Whether Democrat or Republican, I think you'll get a kick out of this! A little boy goes to his dad and asks, 'What is Politics?' Dad says, 'Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family, so call me The President. Your mother is the administrator of the...

Politics [ 3 Answers ]

Why and when did the Democratic states change from red to blue?

Making ownership of a protected file public [ 1 Answers ]

This question is probably similar to the other one, I have changed ownership of a protected file, now how can I make that file accessible to any user or other computer, so that it doesn't say access denied when they want to see it? Basically make it public I am trying to say.:confused:

Difference between domain group policy and DC policy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, may I know the difference between domain group policy and domain controller policy. If I want to restrict a user who is accessing the local drives and CD drive of a client machine and internet. How can I prevent the user/user. Thanks varughese abraham.

View more questions Search