Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handleybart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Durability / longevity of a up flush pump unit.
    I have been asked to put in an up flush unit for a family of 3 in the basement. I have installed 2 of the cheapest working for some one else. I am searching for the better unit if any one has experience with Zoeller or Saniflo. I intend to use the commercial unit for tub, sink, and toilet although there are more than one style to choose from. I am intending this to be a permanent install with little or no maintenance. Thanks for reading.
    [email protected]
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Hi Handleybart:

I've worked with both the zoeller sewage ejector systems for decades and the saniflo macerator pump systems for about 8-10 years now...

What exactly would you like to know..

The zoeller 2" discharge sewage ejector is incredibly reliable... biggest issue here is the owners forgetting they are on a sewage ejector and flushing things down toilet that simply can't be ground up by the pump (tampons, paper towels, etc.). I've had these pumps last well over 10 years with no issues.

The saniflo system is also reliable... biggest issue here is that the macerator pump makes a loud whirring sound and pump is small and runs frequently (can't even drain a sink without it running)... and again, if homeowners forget that this is pump they throw things down and pump needs to be broken down and disassembled... bit of a pain. Saniflo also limits the homeowner to their toilet and the shower usually has to be built off the floor 6 inches or so.

All in all... I recommend the zoeller sewage ejector to most of my customers...

Click on Zoeller Corporation for more information... ;)

Let me know if you need more...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage pump unit smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sewage pump unit in my basement, I have a toilet that sits directly on top of it, and a vanity sink tied into it. When the pump runs it seems to be starved for air. i.e. sucks the p trap dry so I always run water in it to to fill it back up. My question is if the toilet gets a lot of use...

Vicodin longevity [ 2 Answers ]

How long does vicodin stay in your system?

Can I disable outside unit with a heat pump? [ 4 Answers ]

I believe I have a Payne heat pump, and it only blows slightly warm air and when the unit comes on, it turns on the outside unit. I always thought the outside unit went with the air conditioner, but I'm learning that isn't always the case. I just installed a new thermostat, and didn't connect...

Laminate flooring durability [ 1 Answers ]

How well will a laminate floor hold up to occasion dog accidents?

Odor from flush-up pump / tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bathroom in my basement with a flush-up pump (the exit Plumbing is above the basement). It has worked fine for several years But is now starting to stink. I think what is happening is when the Toilet is flushed the water in the toilet completely exits Momentarily allowing tank gases...

View more questions Search