Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahashaw8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Value of Mobile Homes
    I need to know the value of my mobile home for IRS purposes.
    It is a 28 x 76 double wide. 1994 Trinity.. 4 bedroom 3 bath.
    I owe 28000.00... Just need an idea or where to look
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 05:41 PM
    values vary by condition, You may get a few mobile home dealers locally to give you a @ value. Also look at what similar mobile homes are selling for in your area
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
    There is some sort of "Blue Book" for used mobile homes. I don't know the name of it. The best way to get a "free" estimate would be to call up a local real estate person and have them come out and give you an appraisal of your property as you are thinking of selling it. (So you fib to them a little). Also, is it in a park or on private land? Is it on a basement/crawlspace or is it just tied down with skirting around it? Does it have a shed, awnings, decks, carport? A lot depends on your answers to those questions in determining the value of the home.

Also, do you pay yearly taxes on this home? If you do your County Tax Auditor's Office would have the assessed value. These days some states are taxing the homes like personal property and not just having the owners buy the license stickers for both halves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investing In Mobile Homes [ 5 Answers ]

Several people have told me that mobile homes are a great way to obtain rental property. How can you find great deals on mobile homes? I want to buy used mobile homes that need a little repair or new mobile homes at reasonable prices, but I don't I have a clue of where to start. In...

Abandoned houses/mobile homes [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to buy and fix up some abandoned houses and mobile homes around our town and need to know how to find the deeds to them without having to pay someone to find them. I live in Tucson, AZ. I already have the addresses I just need to know how to find who owns the deeds so I can buy the...

Liens against homes [ 1 Answers ]

Recently moved out of a home I rented for 4 years. I moved into a home that I purchased. The old landlord came with a ridiculous list of petty repairs totalling 1,600dollars demanding that it be paid in 10 days or else he will put a lien against my house. What exactly does that mean? Can he take...

Mortgages for mobile homes? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: Can anyone tell me if they now of any company that will give mortgage for a mobile home with back credit? Please help

Pre fabricated homes [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the steps and the process in the construction of a pre fab home. What makes it different from other construction methods?

View more questions Search