Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lengkyx Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 12, 2008, 12:02 AM
    How do you deal with habitual liars? Do you think honest people have to?
    I want to hear your opinion about habitual liars. I think it's easier for people who are also liars to deal with the same kind. I'm pretty honest. I lie sometimes but not like even if there's no shame at stake. Sometimes they even lie to help each other out when they got problems. It's crazy.

But they're fun to be with. I think it's because of the stories they tell that are like in the movies. But then someone made me think it could be really dangerous.

But what do we do? Wouldn't Jesus still love them? Should we only leave them to people who lie too?

Don't they deserve an honest friend?
    But what if you get turned around? What if one time they doubted your friendship because they would lie if they were you in a certain situation?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 06:01 AM
    I think you have to use the same common sense with friends who are liars as you do with anyone else as we all have something. While loyalty is a great thing, it has to be balanced with truth, and not to judge, but habitual liars have there own problems, and have to be dealt with a grain of salt. To blindly accept someone is, to run the risk of being caught up in there own problems, and issues. Some can handle it, and be objective, some cannot but, with any human relationship, trust is an important part of that relationship.

When it comes down to it caution is what I advise, and protecting your own interest is what must come first, and that may not be a recipe, for a close relationship, where the trust is suspect.

We all deserve friendship, but we must be a friend to have one, and know when our friend is out of bounds, and what we will do about it, when they cross that line. That's probably the most important thing about any friend, defining the boundaries of the friendship that allows for respect first, and trust following closely.

I can't see friendship with someone, without mutual trust, and respect, no matter how good the storytelling is.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Habitual liars? I make it a point to distance them from myself. I choose who I socialize with and I choose to omit liars, rude people, etc.
    newton3500 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Have you ever asked yourself why YOU lie. I know, I know, you said you are pretty honest, but think about it, you and everyone else lie out of fear. People have learned to protect ourselves. People seldom ever tell the whole truth about themselves, and why should they. Who are YOU to be asking about their lives and who and what they do with it. Yea I know, we want to get to know people and make friends, but that does not happen over night. Most liers lie because they have been hurt. It starts waaayyyyy back when they were youn. They learned to do it in school to protest themselves from their peers. If you keep doing it, if you keep practicing, you get better at it. Some people have been doing it so long it just becomes automatic. Its sad we live in a world where we have to protect ourselves but everyone has a story where they were honest and open and got taken advantage of again, and again and again and... Get the picture? Do the next time someone lies to you just think about it; what has gone on in their lives that make them want to protect themselves and lie about who and what they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Habitual Hair Flipping [ 2 Answers ]

There is no correct place to ask this question, so I apologize if it is off-topic. Can habitual hair flipping lead to brain damage? (A Hair Flip, in this case, is a quick motion of the head to move the hair that has fallen in front of the face, to the side again.)

Where are the honest people? [ 5 Answers ]

Owner lost house but we still paid rent, what can I do??

Do you think people are generally honest? [ 4 Answers ]

I am wondering if people are generally honest when they are approached or confronted about issues. I find that people have a hard time giving feedback or when you ask questions in friendship they deny that they are just busy, etc. I feel it is the worst thing one can do to someone - to give false...

Deal with people. [ 1 Answers ]

How do u deal with peole whome you are with down to earch nice and they can't say only two majic words (thank you), they are taking everything from as they desever it and when u need something they have nothing, if something happens (even a small thing they will blame on u), could anyone please...

How do people deal with conflict? [ 7 Answers ]

How do people deal with conflict?

View more questions Search