Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jubilee_em Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2003, 12:09 AM
    Cheapest broadband in AUstralia?
    Does anyone know what the cheapest broadband Internet plan is available in Australia? Thanks
    theguyfromoz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2003, 03:12 AM
    Cheapest broadband in AUstralia?
    If you are still looking, check out www.dodo.net.au - I think they are probably the cheapest.

Tony
    scud Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2003, 05:01 AM
    Re: Cheapest broadband in AUstralia?
    Although Dodo may appear cheap at a first glance it is important to read the fine print. I work for an ISP and I know that we all pay roughly the same for our bandwidth and equipment etc. So if one company starts advertising really cheap internet then you've got to wonder how? Either its too good to be true i.e. its not as good as it might look or the company goes bust. Contracts are one way of sucking people in for a cheap price so beware of those also.

Before you start looking for the "cheapest" ISP beware that you always get what you pay for. I would not recommend going with Telstra Bigpond either but I think that ones pretty obvious and they are not paticularly cheap either.

One last tip: look for quality when choosing your ISP. Ask your friends who they use and what their experience with them is like? Make sure they offer plenty of free support and most of all make sure they are customer service orientated.

The last thing you want to do is end up forking out all this money for a broadband connection that isn't what you expected and be locked into a contract so chose carefully with your Broadband connection.

And if your really interested, check out www.whirlpool.net.au to see what Australian ADSL customers opinions are on their ISP.

Thank you,
    SCUD :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Australia tax imposed on US IRA/RO? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Expert- A client is telling me (I'm an RIA) when he relocates to Australia, he will be taxed on a current year basis on his IRA Roll-over. He will not be taking any distributions from this roll-over, which would stay in the U.S. He has been told of this tax by someone with KPMG. Is this...

Broadband [ 1 Answers ]

My PC is a clon assembled in the USA with the name Powerspec. I use windows 98SE. Up to last week my connection to Internet was through phone line. But I decided to try broadband. The provider hooked a cable modem to the existing cable TV line. However, an integrated ethernet adapter (Davicom...

View more questions Search