Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjpapa Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Exterior paint jobs - cost?
    I want to paint the outside of my house and I got a quote from someone in town and I'm a little sketical about the cost. It's a one story, 1400 foot house in San Diego with stucco. The quote I got to power wash, paint the house and paint the trim is $2000. Does this sound right? Seems low to me but I've never done this before.
    Thanks,
    - TJ
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Ballparking it I would call that about right IF the job includes the paint, and includes scraping any loose paint and using a primer on any exposed wood.

I'd also check to be sure the contractor has good references and has been doing business in town for at least several years.

Finally, I'd get at least 2 more bids. Anytime I'm going to spend more than $1000 for a project I get at least 3 bids.
    tjpapa Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2006, 08:46 AM
    ... it does include patch stucco for cracks and broken areas. Good questions though for when I meet with him. I'm not sure if that includes the paint. Thx.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2006, 07:23 PM
    Yes, I own my own pressure washer equipment ( commercial grade) and of course I merely go to our local shelter and pay some of the residents to paint for me. ( scrapings and the such)

But for my area that seems a little high but perhaps not for your area, as suggested I would get at least two more bids. Also ask for and check references

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior - caulk instead of mortar? [ 1 Answers ]

In some modern commercial construction, I've seen something that looks like caulk instead of mortar at some large joints. I need to replace the mortar on my front porch bluestone steps and was interested in trying this instead of traditional mortar. Does anyone know what this material is?

No water from exterior spigots [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a home and noticed that the outside spigots do not function. There are two, one in front of the house and one in the rear. The handles open and close fine and without excessive force, the water supply is fine inside the house (no problems with low pressure in any area, etc.). ...

Venting exterior sink [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that has a sink outside by the grille. The sink drains very slowly. There is no vent on the drain line. Would this cause the extremely slow draining? If so, can I add a vent inside the cabinet, under the counter top?

Exterior concrete staining [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stain outdoor concrete patio slab. For a warm stain look. Tips?? :cool:

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

View more questions Search