Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbie jenkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Remote Ceiling Fan Doesn't Work
    We have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with a remote, no chains, no instructions, Model: UC7078T.

Does anyone know how to program the remote or lead me in the right direction to get directions?

Thank you,
    Debbie
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Debbie,
    I would first make sure the battery in the remote is new. Then, make sure that there is not a wall switch that also controls the fan. If so, turn it on and leave it on.

If it is not working from the remote, there is the possibility that the code in the remote does not match that in the fan's receiver. Refer to my answer for another similar question here.

Best of luck,
    WallyH
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Make sure the dip switches match, see:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

If they do, something has failed, usually the receiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moved into new home and ceiling fan or remote won't work. [ 5 Answers ]

I moved in and have a hampton bay ceiling fan in my dining room. The remote Control does not work or the ceiling fan doesn't. Inside of remote it says to remove Battery, reset transmitter and receiver to exactly match code number position, Reassemble and test. I changed battery but have...

Ceiling Fan w/Remote lights work, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan about 1 1/2 yrs ago, was working fine, it has lighting in the motor housing and lower lights, this fan has pull strings and a remote all were working fine. Replace the battery in the remote. The remote will not operate any part of the fan, the pull strings for the lights...

Can't get remote ceiling fan to work [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan with light a couple of months ago. We were replacing a fan that had been controlled by a dial on the wall. The first two receivers burnt out and I called in an electrician to tell me why - apparently the dial on the wall had been messing with the...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures. The problem is when I connect the fan...

View more questions Search