Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marygia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Paid just approximately 35K for pool and liner has large gaps
    I am unsure my pool was installed correctly. First, I lost my driveway, because they changed my elevation, and made the pool to low. A complete shock. Second, they installed an automatic water filler that they forgot to mention or connect, which was to late since pavers were done. Consequently, the hardware is screwed into the liner, but liner was not cut out. Unsure if the elements of the water will effect liner. Most importantly, 3 corners have huge gaps between 4 to 5 inches,and the other corner where steps are has a wrinkle at the 1st step. I complained the moment the liner was installed, the salesperson reassurred me the sun will correct the gap. Almost 2 years past, and the sun did not correct the gaps. In addition, my floor has indentations. I am so frustrated that I spent so much money, and am getting so much aggravation. I am mostly concerned about the gaps since it makes my liner vulnerable to tears. ANy suggestions about my inground pool liner corner gaps? Deeply appreciate some direction on how to handle this problem. Thank you, Gia
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Aug 12, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Hi Gia,
    Is that pool builder still in business? That is one of those bad contractor stories for sure.

I am a water treatment contractor. I have done a fair amount of work on commercial pools as well. They don't use liners, so I can't answer with 100% certainty. Your concerns are real, and founded.

Unfortunately, the liner is likely irreversibly stretched, and will never lay right. Even if you were to drain the pool and try to adjust it, it probably won't fit correctly. If you were to post some pictures, perhaps one of the experts can help.

I'm sure you have already spoken to the contractor, if they . Have you written a letter, and sent it registered mail? If you cannot get response, one of the best ways is a local news station. They usually have a consumer advocate.

You should also consider talking to another reputable contractor. Get an estimate to fix the problem. You should let them know that you will pay them for a service call to look at it and tell you what it will take to fix it.

I think if you post some pictures here, you will probably get some helpful insight.
    Al
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 18, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Definitely agree.

1) call another pool company and have them check it out and give an estimate in writing.

Then go back to the original company and show them. Don't BACK DOWN. You need to make a HUGE stink about this. If they are still in business, you need to go into the showroom and find the manager (or higher) and go after them. 35K... your pool should be PERFECT. Its obvious that the installers were incompetent.

Call the Better business bureau, find out if there are other complaints. Also, can't hurt to contact the company that makes your pool. Let them know the issues you are having. A good company will not want someone doing a bad job with their pools and MAY help to resolve it.

Call everyone you can think of.

Good luck.. Don't BACK DOWN.. you need to be the biggest pain in their a$$es till they do something.
    marygia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
    I deeply appreciate your advice. I will also take pictures and post it. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Inground Pool Liner- Large Hole Repair [ 3 Answers ]

When opening our 9 year old inground pool this year, we found a large horizontal tear in one corner of the deep end. The tear is about 3-4 feet wide. Can we repair this tear rather than investing in the purchase and installation of a new liner? I am envisioning something like a 4-by-4 foot sheet...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

View more questions Search