Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macy_a31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Free Student Grants for convcted felons
    I am a 33 year old mother who was unjustly charged with child abuse. I was sentenced to prison after a technicality. I signed up for the work release program and resently finished my sentence in July 29,2008. I would like to know if I can sign up for a pel grant or some type of free financial help to continue my education?
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
    WE really do not need to here the details for your legal plight. ANYONE can try to apply for PELL grants. Also, if you are on parole or probation, your parole or probation officer may be able to help.
    I am sorry that you may have been treated unjustly. I have had legal issues also based on false reports by people. The truth will always prevail./ If at some time you get your education and make enough money for a good atty, have the charges and case reopend and investigated if you truly believe you were treated unfairly.
    Good Luck
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 01:08 AM
    How to Get Financial Aid for College if a Convicted Felon
    Instructions
    Difficulty: Moderate
    Step1
    Pick up a FAFSA, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, in the registration office of a local college, or find the forms online.
    Step2
    Fill out the FAFSA and observe the deadlines listed both on the sheet and on the FAFSA website. Be sure to indicate your dependency status as well as your financial situation to ensure maximum financial aide.
    Step3
    Re-read your FAFSA forms to make sure all of the entries are complete and correct.
    Step4
    Submit the forms back to the address listed on the forms or submit through the FAFSA website.
    Step5
    Wait for FAFSA to review your forms and mail you financial aid status information. The information will also be mailed to your school of choice to ensure your education is at least partially paid for.
    more
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 01:32 AM
    Since you mention child abuse, are you also listed as a sex offender? It would be helpful to know that in order to give you the best advice here. According to a recant act of Congress, sex offenders can no longer receive Pell grants. But, there might be other ways that you could get financial aid of some kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for felons [ 4 Answers ]

HI. I'm interested in finding information about grants available for released prison inmates. This information would need to be useful in assisting them in starting businesses, buying a home or just anything in general in helping them and their families getting back on their feet.

Can convicted felons get Student Aide/Grants? [ 6 Answers ]

Can a convicted Felon get Financial Aide or Student Loans?

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any grants for felons? And if so.. how do I apply for them

View more questions Search