Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Not physically attracted.
    I have been in a relationship with a really wonderful lady for over 6 months now. She is intelligent, very attractive and just a wonderful person. I am emotionally attracted to her. We get along very well and always have a great time together.
    Of late, she has been leaning towards getting physical. I just cannot bring myself to do that because I do not find her sexually attractive. As I said, I am emotionally attracted to her but I cannot even consider the thought of being physical with her. I am not impotent, have a normal healthy sex drive - this wonderful lady just does not "do it for me". What should I do? Should I be totally honest and tell her or just try to placate her somehow by satisfying her physical needs and leave it at that? I can't think of having intercourse with her. I just don't want "to go there". HELP!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Short answer is you aren't right for her.

Physical intimacy is one of the pillars of a lasting relationship. You seem to click on some levels, but really... placating her isn't going to make you feel good... and she, honestly, deserves more than being "serviced"...

You aren't a bad person for not feeling attracted... but you should understand the role that genuine physical intimacy plays in a lasting relationship.

At the very least, you need to be honest and/or walk away.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    short answer is you arent right for her.

physical intimacy is one of the pillars of a lasting relationship. you seem to click on some levels, but really... placating her isnt going to make you feel good... and she, honestly, deserves more than being "serviced"...

you arent a bad person for not feeling attracted... but you should understand the role that genuine physical intimacy plays in a lasting relationship.

at the very least, you need to be honest and/or walk away.
    I'll second this. Sounds like you have more a basis of being friends than being more.
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Aug 11, 2008, 05:59 AM
    If you don't find this woman sexually attractive I fail to understand why you are in a relationship with her in the first place. Sex and being sexually attracted to your partner is not everything but it is still an important part of a relationship. Yes be honest with her and tell her now how you are feeling. She obviously feels more for you in this aspect and doesn't deserve to be strung along when you know quite well it isn't going to happen.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Has she been assuming you are a suitor since you have been dating for the last *6 months*? I think she has. :)

You have to get the courage to tell her that you don't want a sexual relationship. At my job in banking, I ran across older couples who were together and enjoyed each other's company, but I thought were not having sex. More a man having a close relationship with a woman like "mom". Being treated very well, and so forth--the woman having a man on her arm.

I think this kind of relationship would be very much welcomed by her. At this point, she just lacks clarity about the total of the relationship.

Best wishes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physically Be In Court? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't live in MO anymore and soon I will be moving out of the country for a little while (military related). My daughter and her mom (who I was never married to) live there. I was recently having phone calls with them, but my ex decided to cut it all off since her engagement. I want to get shared...

Physically Harming [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone ever been in the same room as someone being physically attacked and see the bruise?

Mentally and physically suffering [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:recently I have been drawn back to feeling depressed but this time it has also affected me physically I feel completely unattractive (had my son in feb) with body changes and gneral not picking myself up I'm worried because my boyfriends moving up in a week and I'm not being myself

Physically abusive [ 13 Answers ]

I've always thought I was the type of person who wouldn't fight, physically, in a relationship. Here recently, I proved myself wrong by hitting the love of my life quite a few times. It all happened because he smoked weed and he knew how I felt when it came down to that. We're spending time apart...

View more questions Search