Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martin1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Add a phone jack
    I need to add a jack in the same room. Can I connect it to the existing jack on the other side of the room?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
    You can. It's just recommended practice these days.

The only thing it could possibly affect, probably not noticeable, is DSL with filters. With a splitter, your fine.

Go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

Rj 31X phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought aRJ 31X phone jack which is supposed to allow my father in laws life line system to dial out even if his phone is off the hook. I need help hooking this into the existing phone line.

Finding a bad phone jack [ 3 Answers ]

All my pnoe jaccks have no dail tone.I have about ten in the house ,I did to know how I would find out which one is bad,I believe this line is what is referred to as a piggy back since I have just one line for all jacks.I have allreay checked the nic box and there is a dail tone there just not...

Problem w/ phone jack [ 5 Answers ]

I want to put a phone in my bedroom, but the phone jack just doesn't work! Is there anything I can do to like, "activate" it or something?

Rewiring of phone jack [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am trying to rewire my phone jack so that it is just one line. I am trying to put the white/blue, blue/white lines back on the jack, but they have this plastic tab in the end of them. Can I just snip the wire? Thanks! Robyn

View more questions Search