Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hugs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Static noise from the back of the TV
    Hello!

I'm not sure if anyone can help me on this site but I'm having a bit of a problem with my TV. I have Saisho flat screen, a few years old, a friend gave it to me so got it second hand and have no manual.

It's been working fine but yesterday it started making funny high-pitched static noise (it's coming from the back, not the speakers). I switched it off straight away because it sounded like it was going to explode. Does anyone know what it is? I have done some research on the net and have found a lot of info about static noise developing from dust etc, but how can I clean the inside of the TV?!

I did try switching it on again this morning and it switched itself off and then came back on and the noise was unbarable. I have quite a few wires behind the TV (dvd player, ps2, wii etc) - could that be he problem? Just too many wires together?

I'm seriously lost - what should I do? Should I simply get a new TV or is it easy to get rid of all that static?

Any advice would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Thanks.

HUGS
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Aug 10, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Sounds like a cooling fan going bad, or a cooling fan jammed up with dust. Try vacuuming the air vents. Also, if your vacuum cleaner has an exhaust connector, switch the suction hose to the exhaust side and try blowing it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Static head [ 2 Answers ]

I have a water chiller on a roof of 24m which gives a static head of 2.4b in the basement at the process which gives a total of 8b with the pump pressure We want to reduce this pressure so we intend to make the system in to a sealed system and pressurize this to 1bar The question is what...

Static on YouTube, etc. [ 6 Answers ]

When playing clips from YouTube and MySpace I often hear periods of loud static. I know it's not in the posted vids since sometimes the same ones are fine. Is this likely to be a problem on my end or is it the nature of such sites? I have no problem with audio on files I've downloaded to hard...

Static Test [ 11 Answers ]

Is there a way to make sure your home passes a static test?

Static air pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Is there only one way of measuring static air pressure? The age-old method of having a collapsable box with a certain volume and pressure? Or is there another way?

View more questions Search