Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonesbones Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Aug 9, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Melted Ice-water Floaties?
    I like to save and re-use my water bottles. You know, like an Arrowhead bottle or something. I'll save it, rinse it out, fill it up and stick it in my freezer for a nice hot day. Some kind of reaction takes place when freezing my tap water, to where there are always floaties that appear when the water melts back down the next day. What exactly is taking place here? My tap water is crystal clear before it goes in, and then when freezing somehow the minerals or something shows up as white little sea monkeys. Thanks for your help!
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 9, 2008, 06:25 PM
    No matter how clear your water is, it's still full of minerals and traces of metals. It was always my understanding that freezing also crystallized out some of these.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Melted candle wax [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya can anyone help me I lit a candle and the melted wax has spilt on my carpet has anyone got any idea of getting it off the carpet its gone hard!:confused: :confused:

Crayon melted in dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any possibility of getting crayon streaks and residue out of my dryer? A purple crayon was left in the pocket of my son's shorts and was dried. My fear is that not only the entire load of clothes is ruined but my dryer could be also. Any suggestions?? :confused: Thanks

2001 Honda Civic -- Smelling Melted Polyethylene Odor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 2001 Honda Civic. Lately, I've been smelling a melted polyethylene odor after driving. It's quite strong, and I'm sure it's coming from under the hood, seems to be more towards the passenger side. Any ideas what this could be -- what I might check? Also, is this a sign of...

Refrigerator odor caused by melted plastic [ 1 Answers ]

Accidentally dropped plastic spatula in dishwasher and it melted can't get odor out of appliance. What do you do?

Melted shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Zurn shower drain that is made form abs and tried to attach this to a 2" schedule 40 pvc pipe, but when I did the pvc cement melted the hub of the drain. What was the correct way to attach these similar plastics together?

View more questions Search