Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimcherie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 05:01 PM
    Where is the image you are talking about to the question... how to vent a dishwasher.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2010, 05:15 PM

Hello Jimcherie,
    You are asking about a year old post, if you have a problem or a question please start a new thread one of the experts will respond tour question, Thanks.
    John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 1, 2010, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I read your instructions and will go with that, but your images are no longer in this thread. Do you still have them? Can you re-post them or email them to me?
    If local codes allow, you may forgo installing an air gap and install the drainage hose with a large loop between the point where it discharges from the dishwasher and enters the sink drain. Think of a bell-shaped curve. Make sure to attach the drain hose as far up in the cabinet as you can, using hose clamps or a pipe strap to secure it, when you run it between the dishwasher and the disposal.
    Your drain hose MUST be looped higher then the flood rim what you are discharging into. All that means is when you run the line, strap it up so the loop is above the inlet of the disposal or whatever you are draining into. If this is not done the water that you discharge from the sink will drain back into your dishwasher. Iuse a 3/4" copper pipe strap to secure but a nail and some wire wil;l work also. Some models may have an outlet attached to the top, but most of them will have to be strapped up. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Install Dishwasher in place of Laundry Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove my laundry sink and alter the plumbing to adapt to a Dishwasher and Washing Machine. As the drain is in the middle - how can I do this with out moving the Drain (we rent and need to replace the sink if we move out).

How do I install a vent on basement slop sink? [ 11 Answers ]

I have to replace a very old slop sink in basement. It has 1 1/2" Galv pipe for drain, but it isn't vented. I am changing because my washer drains to it and has over flowed a few times,but always flows poorly. There is no clop in line,as I have snaked,but didn't help. I will be using solid PVC. If...

Dishwasher/sink vent? [ 1 Answers ]

My dishwasher has recently started gurgling when draining. It's been brought to my attention that my sink and dishwasher do not have a vent. How hard are these to install?

Dishwasher sink vent [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am installing a new sink and facuet. Do I need to have a dishwasher sink vent in order for my dishwasher to work? Thanks

View more questions Search