Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    durga12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Procedure to leave and enter US after oct after h1b approval
    Hi all,
    I got my h1b approved in June.I planned to go to india in June but could not go... now that I planned to go to india and return before October 1 I have an emergency and will not be able to go to india and return before October 1...
    Can anyone tell me the procedure to leave and enter US after October after the approval of h1b?
    Will my h1b get cancelled if I leave and enter US after October?
    Do I again have to apply for h1b in the lottery system?
    Please help...
    Thank you in advance...
    -durga,sunnyvale,CA
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
    What is your current status in US?

Aug 9, 2008, 04:26 PM
    My current status in US is H4.
    Please help...
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 05:14 PM
    What you should do is return to India and submit application based on approval of H-1B received, then you will enter US with H-1B visa stamped in your passport. Normally when you received H-1B approval case number, you may delay for a few days but it's recommended to get this done within October.

By the way, most employer has attorney handles matters like this. As a beneficiary, you should consult the company's attorney on other issues that may arise.

Aug 9, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Thanks for the reply! Is it possible to come to US on H4 after October and apply for COS later to avoid stamping in india?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my wife leave and re-enter the US while under I-751 staus? [ 2 Answers ]

While living in the UK my wife received an Alien Residence Permit. We began shopping for a home in the USA and eventually purchased one. However, because she entered before we were married two years we were required to file I-751 and that filing date is 9 months away. On our last entry into US,...

SSN after H1b approval [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is in USA on H4. He had applied for H1b and got an approval. Can he apply for SSN now. If not, when can he apply? What are the documents required? Thanks.

Working on OPT after H1 approval [ 3 Answers ]

Atlanta Expert , I see your excellent solutions , hats off to you. I need a piece of advice.My consultancy is running my payrole on OPT (which is valid till April 2006 ) even when my H1 is approved earlier with a start date of jan 1 2006 . What are the consequences? Is it legal or do I...

View more questions Search