Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 8, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Possible end-of-times later today .
    ·

Cern will start up today its Hadron collider for the first time. And on 10 September 2008 it will go on "full steam".

See this link to Cern article .

That collider COULD produce one or more tiny "black holes". If these black holes are not auto-self-extinguishing , "end-of-times" may be later today. So as per the scouts motto : BE PREPARED !!!

Have a quick look here to see what may be awaiting us all... it could be your last chance to see it... :D

YouTube - The CERN black hole Déjà vu <----- See this !!!

I know that from the science side they ensure us that there is no real danger.
    But how do you approach such a possible potential danger for all life on earth from a religious point of view?
    Any comments are welcome !

:rolleyes:

·
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Anyone who concerns themselves with an end of the world scenario is a chicken little . It reminds me of the global warming alarmists... alot of hot air over nothing .
    -

Aug 8, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Anyone who concerns themselves with an end of the world scenario is a chicken little . It reminds me of the global warming alarmists ...alot of hot air over nothing .
    As always rude and besides the question, is it not, Tom? So that was your religious point of view?

I am already at least surprised that you did not blame Obama for it !

:D :D :D :D :D
    ·
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 06:28 AM
    For what ? Global warming or black holes ? (disclaimer... nothing racial implied )
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 06:37 AM
    As for my religious postition; my religion has no conflict with serious moral scientific exploration.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 06:42 AM
    You mean auto-self-extinguishing, right?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    ·But how do you approach such a possible potential danger for all life on earth from a religious point of view
    It's all part of god's great plan.
    -

Aug 8, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    You mean auto-self-extinguishing, right?
    Right ! Thanks for posting that. Had that corrected immediately !

:)

·
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Everyone there still alive and well ?
    I guess we will have to wait till 10 September 2008 when the Hadron Collider at Cern will go on "full steam" !

Time enough to get prepared for the Big Day!!

·
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Sorry Crev the world did end, and you are now in hell where everyone just believes and there is no facts
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 06:33 AM
    ... "and there is no facts"...

In that case nice to see you here, Chuck ! Do you already know why you are here?
    And I note that even in "hell" the spelling/grammar remains atrocious...

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Sorry Crev the world did end, and you are now in hell where everyone just beleives and there is no facts
    I guess all that praying and living per the bible got you nowhere. :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Hello Cred:

Well, this is the day after, and I'm still here... But... there's this big black thing in the sky... Wait a minute!! It's growing! OMG, it's getting bigger... It's filling the sky... It's overtaking me. It's...

e...
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Jeeze, I missed it.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 03:09 PM
    I just used Google earth, and found the spot where "ex" was when the black hole got him.

Anyone want to share his stash?
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Well, this is the day after, and I'm still here.... But.... there's this big black thing in the sky... Wait a minute!!! It's growing!! OMG, it's getting bigger... It's filling the sky... It's overtaking me. It's ............ e.......
    Sucked up... At last...
    As Chuck suggested you should now also be in hell, together with him !
    Or be with Chuck, making it (a) hell... (See # 10)

·
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Wow, glad I saw this after the fact. ;)

But how do you approach such a possible potential danger for all life on earth from a religious point of view?
    Any comments are welcome !
    I didn't check back to see how other people answered, so I'll just state what I would do, but I don't know if I can call it a religious point of view. Okay a believers point of view, or as Cred has told me, and I agree, a Deist's point of view;

If I believed, truly believed, that the world was going to end, well, then I'd gather my family and friends around me for a potluck dinner, have both my kids on my lap, hug them constantly, tell them how much I love them, even though they already know that. I'd make love to my husband one last time, and I'd pull out all the stops. ;) Then, I'd wait, nothing I can do. Oh, I'd probably go outside to see the big show with the whole family.

Now, having said that, I've seen allot of death in my 37 years, so I try to live each day as if it were my last. I don't always succeed in that, but I do try. No, I don't have potluck dinners every day, but the rest is pretty accurate. ;)
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Everyone there still alive and well ?
    I guess we will have to wait till 10 September 2008 when the Hadron Collider at Cern will go on "full steam" !

Time enough to get prepared for the Big Day !!!

·

Wait, just saw this. Darnit, My birthday is September 14, looks like I'll miss it this year. That sucks. ;):)
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Wait, just saw this. Darnit, My birthday is September 14, looks like I'll miss it this year. That sucks. ;):)
    Hhhmmmm : make sure to celebrate it a week earlier... just in case !

Hmmmmm2 : have to remember : alty : 9-14- uhhhhhhhh : which year was that?

:D :p :D

·
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Year? Dare I tell? Oh what the heck, 1970. So, I'll be celebrating my 28th birthday for the 10th time this year. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Got this one today! [ 8 Answers ]

A 5-year-old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. Playing With his toys in her bedroom while grandma was dusting, he looked up and Said, 'Grandma, how come you don't have a boyfriend now that Grandpa went to Heaven?' Grandma replied, 'Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can sit in my ...

Verbal eviction to get out today given today? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend lives with a friend in an effeciance, Hes paid all his bill his rent, electric and water, and on Monday he was given a verbal eviction to be out by Monday the 19th and today his so called friend called and said that he had to be out by today with all of his stuff. I told him that I...

Today he saw me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I and my boyfriend had a quarrel before 20 days... he has a jewellery showroom right in front of my house... he comes there everyday... last 20 days he didn't even look at my window... but today... when I was opening my cupboard I saw him staring at my window... he does not know the...

Today is the day [ 9 Answers ]

Well all today is the day and we'll be leaving for the hospital really soon. I haven't been able to sleep at all. I couldn't tell you what the emotions I'm feeling are, there are so many. I will make sure and post all the babies stats and pics asap, but don't hold your breath for it to be too...

View more questions Search