Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelsey17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 02:37 AM
    4 ton air conditioning unit
    I have to replace a 4 ton home air conditioning unit. Is there a website which compares and/or rates the efficiency of these units? Consumer Reports does not evaluate central air systems... Thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Don't know, but the higher the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) the lower the cost to operate. In order to obtain this rating all of the manufacturer's parts must be used. Sometimes a different manufacturer's evaporator is used.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:53 PM
    One thing to think about is if you buy a new 16 seer air conditioner and hook it up to a old 10 seer air handler you don't have a A/C rated at 16 seer any more. The seer is rated at what it is capable of when matched up right with all equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside air-conditioning unit won't turn on [ 6 Answers ]

Air-conditioning unit on the outside won't come on - fan inside works fine. What would cause the air-conditioning unit not to come on. Thank you.

Central Air Conditioning Unit Not Cooling [ 9 Answers ]

Last night my temperature was set on 77 degrees on my Central AC towards the end of the night, the house started getting hotter, I looked at the AC Thermostat and it read 83 degrees in the home and it never cooled off. This morning it still read 83 degrees and still warm and I turned the Central AC...

New air conditioning unit - Payne [ 16 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old are will not survive an inpending reroofing. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new A/C unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed. The estimate...

Central air conditioning unit [ 1 Answers ]

Fan motor on outside unit is always on even when set temperature is reached

No power to heating and air conditioning unit [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced blower motor and new thermostat, but now there is no power to the complete unit.

View more questions Search