Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D_Rad2003 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 10:43 PM
    How can I increase our chances of getting pregnant?
    My wife and I are trying to get pregnant. We have a lot of advise on what she can do to get pregnant but what about me. What can I do to make our chances of getting pregnant better?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Smart of you to ask as men can do a number of things to help improve the odds of success. Biggest factor is your overall health. Eating well, even taking a multivitamin may help if your diet is not the best. Sperm health is thought to be helped with zinc, vitamin C, folic acid, and carnitine (among others). If your diet is adequate, you will not have much trouble obtaining what you need, but the multivitamin can be considered insurance. If you smoke, cut back or quit altogether if possible... avoid too much alcohol as well. Regular exercise would be wise for both of you.
    Some suggest changing from briefs to boxers and avoiding frequent use of hot tubs or a jacuzzi as too high of temps for extended periods can impair sperm.
    Certain health conditions can effect sperm health as well, such as diabetes, so keeping any health concerns in check is helpful. If you haven't had an overall physical, including blood work, in sometime might be wise to do so.
    Age can become a factor for men as well, more so from longer exposure to just general environmental concerns.
    Good luck... hope you don't have to try too long!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there still chances of me being pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Im 2 weeks late and I still didn't get my period I took home pregnancy tests and blood tests but they all came back negative. Im having signs of being pregnant but I'm still not sure if I am or not cause of the tests. Im so confused. Can somebody please help me.:(

What are my chances of being pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I had implantation bleeding. I satrted my monthly on Jan. 2 ended on jan 6. Started brown spotting on jan 8th, which is 2 days after I ended my monthly. And if it is not implantation bleeding, then does implantation bleeding only happen when you ovalate?

Theft under 5000$ - how can I increase my chances of getting a discharge [ 6 Answers ]

I stole a 20$ belt from a department store in BC Canada - I'm 26 and have never been involved with the police in any way. Is there any way I can increase my chances of getting discharged by the judge?

Increase chances of getting pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any medication or over the counter meds or just basically anything to help increase your chances of getting pregnant? Also, what are your signs of ovulating?

View more questions Search