Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eHmzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Got a new dog and it won't eat.how will I get it to eat?
    I recently got a new dog 1 day ago to be exact; she is 8 years old..
    I have tried feeding it and it won't eat or drink..
    If it really doesn't eat, how long will I wait till I bring her to the vet?! :(
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 06:50 PM
    If it were me and she did not drink in 24 hours I would take her to the vet. I would be more concerned with the not drinking than the not eating for right now.
    Try walking her and see if it makes her thristy. Offer her some ice cubes or some chicken broth on her dog food or maybe even freeze some and offer her.
    mo66fedex Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 11:43 PM
    This is just me but I have a total of 4 pugs. You want to talk about finiky eaters. First dog I tried a few cheerios on the floor when I realized he liked it I crushed them up and put them in his food. Second dog I bought a bag of treat and crushed them up and sprinkled them on his food till he got used to eating. Third dog, I boiled chicken and mixed it with some dry good and fourth dog I mixed wet and dry together. Process of elimination. Like everyone tells me, when they are hungry, they will eat even if you have to spoil them with a little people food like chicken rice or even scrambled eggs mixed with the food. They are new to you and you are new to them. You guys just have to get used to each other. Good Luck hope it works :)
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:59 PM

This is an old thread!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

My furnace won't light and the lights on my control module won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

Ok a couple of question if you can help I have a comfortmaker furnace I believe 1999 it came on a couple of times after I bought a new transformer, board, capacitator, and ignition control module now it won't come back on What to Do! Also I wanted to know if you can tell me the difference between...

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search