Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    govi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work?
    I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Im not definitely sure, but I think she does have to be a student to have a student visa. So see if she will go part time and maybe work as well, If not then contact the british embassy and ask them. Sorry this isn't very helpful. But goodluck
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Your husband, wife or civil partner will be allowed to work full time in the UK if you have visa that is valid for at least twelve months.
    sumadi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Hi,
    As you have this question for your wife with reference of this can you tell me that when you apply your wife's student dependent visa did she also took admission in any college or on the basis of your admission she got the visa. I'll really appreciate if you reply me asap.

Quote Originally Posted by govi View Post
    I have student visa of UK and i study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? thank you
    infact Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Your husband, wife or civil partner will be allowed to work full time in the UK if you have visa that is valid for at least twelve months.
    Hi lawanwadee,

My wife is doing her Masters in UK. I would like to join her with a dependent visa. From your above reply it is clear that I can work in UK full time. Could you please once again confirm me the same since there might be a change in the Immigration rules?

Thanks for your help in Advance... my e-mail id is [email protected].. e-mail me the details regarding this... thanks once again...
    guess_guess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by infact View Post
    Hi lawanwadee,

My wife is doing her Masters in UK. I would like to join her with a dependent visa. From your above reply it is clear that I can work in UK full time. Could you please once again confirm me the same since there might be a change in the Immigration rules?

Thanks for your help in Advance... my e-mail id is [email protected].. e-mail me the details regarding this.... thanks once again...

Hi Sir,
    Could you please help me out if you have any information on this
    My wife is going for her masters mba in uk. I would like to join her with a dependent visa. Can I work in uk full time. Could you please once again confirm me the same since there might be a change in the immigration rules?

Thanks & regards
    aroundwrd99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 23, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Yes,your wife is allowed to work fulltime if your course duration is more than 12 or 12months.

Please talk to us if you need more assistance

Regards
    Rajesh arora
    Arora connsultants
    Delhi
    jinsalex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Hello Rajesh,

My wife holds a student visa and the validity expires on Oct 2010, I am planning to join her in London by Feb 2010, does that mean that its unlikely that I allow to work, what are the alternatives,

Alex
    kehinde1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 01:43 PM
    I came to theuk with student dependent visa, how many hour I can I work? Thank you for your prompt response.
    Kehinde66
    sathiya2522 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 02:32 AM

Hi this is Sathiya,

My husband and I am planning to apply for student visa in UK.My husband as dependent and I am applicant.
    Is it hard and takes long time for dependent visa?
    I heard that dependent visa in UK is less possible and they prefer single student visa.
    Is it true?
    kehinde1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 04:27 AM
    Hello Sir/Ma,
    Like I said in my prevous mail that I came to the uk on student dependent visa. My question is that is there any restriction as per my working hours. Can I work for more than 40 hour a week? Thanks for your professional and prompt response.
    tapas.pandya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 05:01 AM

No, now a days it is proven that dependent visa is as easy as like student visa, do't worry you will get a dependent visa ontime.
    sivaraj69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 10:58 PM

Hai I am sivaraj
    My wife is moving to uk on a student visa to do a professional course(ACCA).and I would like to join her in a dependent visa .may I know is it possible to work in a dependent visa.partime or fulltime.
    Thanking you.
    tall_funky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Will they be allowed to do business(self-employed)?
    chattu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 02:26 AM
    YES its true because single student can't but you two can everyday and you may have the child so the child is burden for UK. So, the result may be late.

May 1, 2010, 02:26 AM
    YES its true because single student can't but you two can everyday and you may have the child so the child is burden for UK. So, the result may be late.

May 1, 2010, 02:28 AM

Yes its true because single student can't but it is sure that you will everyday and you will get the child and the child is the burden for UK so the visa application result may be late.
    Thank you,
    Yous Sincerely,
    Mr. Jerrard
    UK Border Agency
    crisheljames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:05 PM
    I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you
    mahzeb2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 02:32 AM
    Hi this is mahzeb I am applying for mba in u.k, my question is that I want my husband and my 2 months baby with me as a dependent and my huband stayed there about 3 and half years in u.k on a student visa but he overstayed for 28 days because of some family problems but he returned within 28 days with his own choice. So kindly advised me whether I get the visa if yes then what will be the requirements for us three. Thanks
    anita2151 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 03:21 AM
    Hi sir,
    My wife is a student in uk studying health care NVQ 3. she has 2 years as student visa.
    I, her husband, would like to joint her as her dependent . Would I be allowed to work part timr or full time?
    H.Soopal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Full time or part time tax residency [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may be a stupid question... I graduated from college in Illinois in mid-June of 2007. In 2007, I lived in Illinois from Jan to mid-June. I got a job in New York and started receiving my pay checks in June. I have lived in New York for the remaining time, however my lease...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search