Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 01:45 PM
    How can you prove "harrasement"?
    I have a question that follows another I posted, see link below if your interested in the whole story. I have someone that has been calling asking me to refund him some money for something I sold him on Craigslist. I sent him a partial refund but he says he never got it.

At what point can I call the cops on him for harrasement? What do I have to do/prove? Or should I just call and change my cell number and block his email address?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...ji-246433.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Change number and ignore, or tell them not to call you again and don't answer them.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Call your cell phone company. Many have a feature where you can block calls from specific numbers. And then, yes, block their email.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    I have a question that follows another I posted, see link below if your interested in the whole story. I have someone that has been calling asking me to refund him some money for something i sold him on Craigslist. I sent him a partial refund but he says he never got it.

At what point can I call the cops on him for harrasement? What do I have to do/prove? Or should I just call and change my cell number and block his email address?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...ji-246433.html

What ultimately do you want to do? Not refund the total and see what he does?

Don't know where you are but in many States attempts to collect a debt (which the buyer apparently thinks this is) do not rise to the level of harassment unless they are way over the top.

I would keep the emails - I have never seen emails considered to be harassment (and I investigate a fair number of harassment cases) because you are considered to be able to block the sender, block certain words in the event the sender changes names, not read them. Obviously if they are threatening or there is an almost obscene number of them, yes, it is harassment.

And I'd block or change my cell phone number if you do not intend to refund the total and want no contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search