Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortysue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Leaving husband
    Hi, I am writing to ask what I can do to leave my husband. I have been married for 40 years and he has cheated for the last time. He had this women in my home when I went to N.Y. when my mother died. I have a 15 year old boy that is my nephew, and I am the legal guardian of him. I have no money to get an apartment. He will not pay any of the bills, our car insurance is due and he has a new truck and thinks that I should pay for it.
    What can I do??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Speak to a divorce attorney
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 7, 2008, 01:18 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. It must be very stressful and I can't imagine how hurt you must feel.

Quite honestly, a divorce attorney will be able to give you the best advice. Some may offer free consultations if $ is an issue. You might also want to research housing costs, your states divorce laws and anything else that could give you a leg-up on the situation.

Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving abusive husband with my son and going out of state [ 2 Answers ]

Can my sister in NY leave her abusive husband and move here to WA with her son? Does she have to get a divorce first?

Leaving abusive, cheating, husband . [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is 28 yrs. Old one child 7 months old. She is married to a mild mentally retarded man who also has autisim. She is develop mentally delayed with an IQ of 80 so she is relatively normal. They have been married 9 yrs. He has always been abusive, hitting, yelling etc. she has filed several...

Leaving my husband [ 5 Answers ]

I was wanting to get some advice. I want to leave my husband. He has cheated in the past. Has had no feelings over me, our marriage or our 20 month old baby. I want to move to another state. He is very violent. Has put his hands on me twice the rest of the time he is screaming and cussing and...

Husband leaving family on vacation [ 6 Answers ]

I've been married for 6 years. My husband and I visited Ireland about 5 yrs ago. We live in NC, USA. His mother is going to Ireland again in June with her husband and has invited my husband and 5 yr old son and agreed to pay their way. My husband has said yes. They're not paying for me and...

Need help leaving my husband! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 26 y/o, married to my husband for 9yrs. We have a 6 y/o little girl who is attached to her daddy at the hip, almost literally. I've done a lot of stupid, immature things in this marriage, but I think the worst would be putting up with my husband & his emotional abuse. He does & says so...

View more questions Search