Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Aug 7, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Snake in trouble
    My little brother accidentally stepped on some tape and when he pulled it off there's a tiny snake stuck to it. Its still alive but its really stuck to that tape. We want to get the snake off there with out hurting or killing it. I don't know if adhesive removal stuff would be safe. Can someone help us? Thanks
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:56 AM
    If it is the material that is sold to trap snakes, it is just about impossible. I wouldn't know anything to do except call a Vet's office. Maybe they know a remedy. Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Call the animal rescue society in your area, just Google it, you'll find the phone number. They'll come and pick up the snake. If anything can be done, they'll know how to do it.

Good luck.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 18, 2008, 02:08 AM
    Sorry haven't been back on here for a bit, but an update for the snake. He/She is fine. I remembered reading something looong ago about using baby oil to loosen stickness and it did work.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Dec 18, 2008, 10:40 AM

That's good to hear! I was going to suggest pouring warm water over the tape, because that I how we managed to get a snake that had slithered onto industrial glue when the floors were being redone loose. Kudos for saving him/her! There are a lot of people who would not have helped the poor thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Snake breeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I don't know if this is the right topic but I was wondering if any one could tell me how to breed my great plains rat snake and my corn snake?

Where do I run the snake? [ 1 Answers ]

Garbage disposal&kitchen sink drain go to basement, directly below is my laundry room. P-connection from washer to same drain pipe. When I run my washer, water is coming back out of the overflow drain to floor drain. I pulled grill off floor drain, there is mucky water in this floor drain,...

Snake in the bedroom [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if snakes can climb up a block wall into a window. We have a snake in the house and have no clue how its gotten in. I was trumatized as a child with a snake so have a fear of them. It is in my daughters room but through the closet wall under the bathtub. Anyhelp in how to...

Pet snake [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine that I will be moving in with soon is insisting upon owning a carpet python. I understand that this is a battle that I cannot win. My only request is that she feed it something not rodent. What can I do? Frustrated, blusia

View more questions Search