Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artisanelectric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Price list
    Hello, I am looking for a residential price list.
    I am a new contractor and would like to know the going rate for some installations.
    I don't want to charge too much or too little. If anyone has a flat rate pricing book with some examples that would be great.

Thank you.:o
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
    I do not think what your looking for exists. What with each area of the country, even in one state, there can be different costs for labor, materials, taxes, etc.

The best I can direct you to is Means RSMeans Book Search Result

You can develop your own flat rate for each type of job.

Dangerous in my opinion. How can a flat rate for one outlet work in one building, and be appliacble to all buildings, with different conditions etc.

You will need to learn on your own how to estimate. There are courses that will be helful, but none will have the exact answers for your situation.

The failure rate for electrical contractors used to be second after restaurants.

While an electrician may be an excellent tradesman, they usually are terrible businessmen.

How are your estimating skills? Know how to purchase materials? Have a handle on labor and overhead costs?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 01:54 PM
    What is your overhead??

It should not matter what everyone else is charging, you charge what you need to to make a living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a price list [ 6 Answers ]

I started a cleaning business,I wanted to know how much should I charge to clean a club house daily.

List your. [ 3 Answers ]

List some of the things you've started conversations with, other than, What's your favorite song/band/color.

View more questions Search