Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Obama. Future Commander or Coward?
    He seems to be a brave man.

He would meet with the leader of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

He would meet with the leader of Syria Bashar al-Assad.

He would meet with the leader of Venezuela Hugo Chavez.

He would meet with the leader of North Korea Kim Yong-il.

I'm impressed!

But for such a brave man, why is he afraid to show up and answer questions
    From anyone with Fox News?

I have heard numerous invitations by Hannity, O'Reilly, Gallagher. And other hosts but have yet to see Obama agree to show up, and talk to any of them.

For a guy who wants to be president, and for a guy who speaks so bravely about meeting with these thugs and dictators, why is he so afraid to answer questions from Fox?

Could it be because he knows that they will ask REAL questions, unlike all the leftist media that won't ask him a hard question about ANYTHING?

If he truly has nothing to hide, why is he so afraid?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 7, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Strange... I do not see any reason why you suggest that Obama could be a coward !

You may mean staying away from showing up and answering questions on Fox News is cowardly.
    I assess staying away from showing up and answering questions on Fox News as wise and smart !

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Strange .... I do not see any reason why you suggest that Obama could be a coward !

You may mean staying away from showing up and answering questions on Fox News is cowardly.
    I assess staying away from showing up and answering questions on Fox News as wise and smart !

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D
    Wise, yes.
    Smart, yes.
    Cowardly, ABSOLUTELY!
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Aug 7, 2008, 01:24 PM
    It begins to look like if Obama and Michelle are allowed to keep talking, they will defeat themselves. Maybe they don't need any torpedoes from the opposition.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    It begins to look like if Obama and Michelle are allowed to keep talking, they will defeat themselves. Maybe they don't need any torpedoes from the opposition.
    Wasn't there an old quote about that?

Something like "damn the two talking, FULL TORPEDOES AHEAD"!!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 7, 2008, 08:11 PM
    More bad news for you. The Fox Republican shills are of no help to McCain or his supporters. McCain's campaign can't win the election trying to make a mockery of Obama.

Sean Hannity...

Think Progress » Hannity Admits He’s A ‘Surrogate’ For McCain

Hannity Admits He's A 'Surrogate' For McCain

In a revealing slip of the tongue last night on his Fox News television show, Sean Hannity acknowledged that he's a “surrogate” for John McCain.

While interviewing former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Hannity complained to him that the McCain campaign has been reluctant to engage in a smear campaign against Barack Obama. Giuliani explained that the McCain campaign is going to let “a lot of the attacking” be done by surrogates. “People like me,” Hannity said:

GIULIANI: I think that you're going to find that in both cases Senator Obama and Senator McCain — a lot of the attacking is going to be done by surrogates. And they're going to — well, I mean.

HANNITY: People like me.

GIULIANI: Right. All of the attacking.

COLMES: You're a McCain surrogate?

“No, no” Hannity said, quickly backtracking when his co-host Alan Colmes immediately called him out.

Fox recently fired a 24-year old production assistant for disclosing her allegiance to McCain. “I voted for you in the primary, you're going to win,” she said. A Fox News spokesperson called it “journalistically unacceptable.” Is Hannity's admission any more acceptable?

Don't worry, Sean. You're not the only one over at Fox News trying desperately to hide your McCain surrogate activities.

Transcript:

HANNITY: But Senator McCain has shown a little bit of reluctance in terms of going after some of the controversies of Senator Obama. As he balances the — you know should he run on ideas versus going after the weaknesses that he's not really an agent of change, that he's a typical, quintessential politician, where would you balance it?

GIULIANI: I think — first of all, it's different being a mayor and being a presidential candidate, and I think that you're going to find that in both cases Senator Obama and Senator McCain — a lot of the attacking is going to be done by surrogates. And they're going to — well, I mean.

COLMES: You're a McCain surrogate?

HANNITY: No, no, I'm the head of.

GIULIANI: …Look, a lot of these points are valid points. We have to examine people's experience. You have to examine their judgment and all these things. But I mean you don't want a presidential candidate spending too much time on that. You want a presidential candidate — I think, either party would say this — you want them focusing on the future.

HANNITY: All right.

GIULIANI: … what they can do for the future. You want them on a higher plane.

HANNITY: Let me ask you this, because I really do not believe in my heart of hearts — so I look at this camera — I do not think Barack Obama has been honest, and I do not think he's made responsible decisions in his career, and I think we've been the victim of a bit of a propaganda marketing campaign, and I don't think we know who the real Barack Obama is. Do you agree with me?

GIULIANI: We're going to find out.

Now for Bill O'Reilly...

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Goes Nuts Compilation
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Given the number of times Hannity has hammered McCain I would think he would be looking for better surrogates .

Forget Fox news .We already know that they don't have the guts to debate in that format. But how is it that ABC got shut out of the debates when the lib PBS gets to moderate 2 of the 4 ?
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    More bad news for you. The Fox Republican shills are of no help to McCain or his supporters. McCain's campaign can't win the election trying to make a mockery of Obama.

Sean Hannity...

Think Progress » Hannity Admits He's A 'Surrogate' For McCain

Hannity Admits He’s A ‘Surrogate’ For McCain

In a revealing slip of the tongue last night on his Fox News television show, Sean Hannity acknowledged that he’s a “surrogate” for John McCain.

While interviewing former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Hannity complained to him that the McCain campaign has been reluctant to engage in a smear campaign against Barack Obama. Giuliani explained that the McCain campaign is going to let “a lot of the attacking” be done by surrogates. “People like me,” Hannity said:

GIULIANI: I think that you’re going to find that in both cases Senator Obama and Senator McCain — a lot of the attacking is going to be done by surrogates. And they’re going to — well, I mean.

COLMES: You’re a McCain surrogate?

“No, no” Hannity said, quickly backtracking when his co-host Alan Colmes immediately called him out.

Fox recently fired a 24-year old production assistant for disclosing her allegiance to McCain. “I voted for you in the primary, you’re going to win,” she said. A Fox News spokesperson called it “journalistically unacceptable.” Is Hannity’s admission any more acceptable?

Don’t worry, Sean. You’re not the only one over at Fox News trying desperately to hide your McCain surrogate activities.

Transcript:

HANNITY: But Senator McCain has shown a little bit of reluctance in terms of going after some of the controversies of Senator Obama. As he balances the — you know should he run on ideas versus going after the weaknesses that he’s not really an agent of change, that he’s a typical, quintessential politician, where would you balance it?

GIULIANI: I think — first of all, it’s different being a mayor and being a presidential candidate, and I think that you’re going to find that in both cases Senator Obama and Senator McCain — a lot of the attacking is going to be done by surrogates. And they’re going to — well, I mean.

COLMES: You’re a McCain surrogate?

HANNITY: No, no, I’m the head of.

GIULIANI: …Look, a lot of these points are valid points. We have to examine people’s experience. You have to examine their judgment and all these things. But I mean you don’t want a presidential candidate spending too much time on that. You want a presidential candidate — I think, either party would say this — you want them focusing on the future.

HANNITY: All right.

GIULIANI: … what they can do for the future. You want them on a higher plane.

HANNITY: Let me ask you this, because I really do not believe in my heart of hearts — so I look at this camera — I do not think Barack Obama has been honest, and I do not think he’s made responsible decisions in his career, and I think we’ve been the victim of a bit of a propaganda marketing campaign, and I don’t think we know who the real Barack Obama is. Do you agree with me?

GIULIANI: We’re going to find out.

Now for Bill O'Reilly...

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Goes Nuts Compilation
    Did they really repeat those lines, or was that a double post?

I LOVE that clip of "wild Bill".

I'm glad I don't work for him!

It does show his talent as a broadcaster, pulled off that live closing without a hitch, and without even showing his level of anger.

Some people do much better "without" a teleprompter.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:36 AM
    The Lib Joe Klein of Time Mag. Wonders why BO will not debate McCain in town hall style meetings as McCain proposes ,and BO initially agreed to do.

Obama's decision not to accept McCain's offer of 10 summer debates--or, at least, to negotiate a more manageable total--always seemed wrong to me. After all, Obama is supposed to be the fresh breeze, and that would have been a brand-new, high-road way to engage the public. Obama's refusal made him seem less than courageous. It played into the notion that he wasn't a very good debater and that McCain was at his best in town meetings--an argument with elements of truth but also a fair amount of mythology.
    Open to Debate - TIME

But Klein should open his eyes . The reason that BO will not debate McCain or take questions from FOX or ABC for that matter is that he is terrible off the cuff when he is not in front of a teleprompter.He stammers and says stupid things like telling a 7 year old girl that America sucks.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Yeah, you take away the scripted messages on the teleprompter and the real BO comes out.

He does not like our country, and he believes he's the one to "change" it.

I'm sorry, but he is wrong, and the more he and his wife speak, off the cuff, the more obvious it becomes.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Hello prog:

Well, there you have it. McCain can't speak WITH a teleprompter, and Obama can't speak WITHOUT one.

So, which one should venture into the others venue? The one who is losing, that's who?

If it's cowardly to go on Fox, why would that be? Is it that you know they wouldn't be nice to him?? That he wouldn't come off too well on Fox?? How smart would it be for him to do that?

Not very... So, cowardly has nothing to do with it, really. Smart, is what it has to do with, and he's got plenty of that.

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Hello again, Prog:

I watch Fox. I'm actually quite fiscally conservative... But, it pains me when I hear 'em say really stupid and untrue things. So, I'm watching Hannity the other night, and he's saying (I'm paraphrasing), "Obama's energy plan is to inflate your tires. THAT'S HIS ENTIRE PLAN" (I didn't paraphrase the caps).

But it isn't. It makes good right wing talk, but it just simply isn't so. People like Galveston believe whatever those ninnies at Fox tell them.

I suppose you'll say the left wing press does the same thing. I won't argue with that. Or I will next time.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Oh yes!

He is one of the smartest idiots I've ever witnessed.

There is no doubt that he would be treated with respect, and depending on what qualifies as "nice", that is subjective.

If you think that asking him the real hard questions that no other media will ever ask, and expecting him to answer them, is "not being nice" then you are correct.

I don't see it as either nice, or mean, just asking real questions, and expecting to receive real answers, that's all.

But his refusing to show up at all, only lends credibility to the belief that he is determined to sneak his way in to the White House, with the leftist media conspiracy, to protect and insure his success in this mission.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    But his refusing to show up at all, only lends credibility to the belief that he is determined to sneak his way in to the White House, with the leftist media conspiracy, to protect and insure his success in this mission.

sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 8, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Just a thought here.

At the debate at the NAACP, only one republican candidate showed up, Tom Tancredo. McCain did not show. However Obama and the other democrats showed up.

I was at this debate but here's the proof:

FRAMESHOP by Jeffrey Feldman
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Now how does that go... Fools rush in...
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma

Hummmm...

I tried to "quote" you, there must have been so much substance and information in your highly intelligent post... it must not have been able to fit on the page?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    Hummmm.....

I tried to "quote" you, there must have been so much substance and information in your highly intelligent post.....it must not have been able to fit on the page?
    Well I am computer literate and you are a McCain devotee so maybe your wife can help you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Well I am computer literate and you are a McCain devotee so maybe your wife can help you.
    I welcome you to find any previous post by me, that would indicate that I am a so called
    "McCain" devotee?

It ain't going to happen!

You assume that just because I am so against Obama, that I must be for McCain?

You know what they say about the word ASSUME?
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:49 AM
    True MCain was not at the NAACP debate . However he recently addressed their convention
    Senator John McCain NAACP Speech at CSPAN Junkie
    He outlined his education proposals designed to aid minority schools . McCain called for more aid and choice.
    When asked about his no-show at the debate he said
    "As you might recall, I was a bit distracted at the time, dealing with what reporters uncharitably described as an implosion in my campaign"
    McCain did fielding questions after the speech;devoting 12 minutes at the end of his speech to taking questions . He also spent some additional time at the end of the Q&A talking with audience members on the floor.
    The MSM of course only mentioned that he wanted school vouchers... oh yeah ;and spent an inordinate amt of time discussing the praise McCain gave to BO .

He also recently gave an address and a Q&A session with the Urban League .
    There he was asked why he did not vote for a national holiday for MLK and he said bluntly "because I was wrong"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Partition Commander [ 2 Answers ]

I partitioned my hard drive into 4 partitions a long time ago. Now I wanted to go back and make the partition that I have my OS in larger because it is becoming to full. I'm supposed to be able to take space from one partition and ad it to another. When I run the software all it shows is that I...

Sci Fi movie a lot like Wing Commander. [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm looking for the title/actors of a sci-fi movie. Moderately certain that is was made SOMEtime in the nineties, likely around the release of Wing Commander. Movie goes as such: A group of 'cadets' goes on a training mission with an instructor. While on this mission they are...

Who Would Make the Best Commander-in-Chief? Obama or McCain? [ 33 Answers ]

The verdict is in and it's *McCain*, according to the latest figures! Most of you know I'm still pulling for Hillary and regret that she was not part of this test but it will certainly not detract from my support for her. ABC News: McCain Tops Obama in Commander Test ...

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

View more questions Search