Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julshubbard5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Grants for Ex-Felons
    Are there any grants available for ex-felons who were convicted of a non drug related or any type of serious or violent crime?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Hello j:

There are grants available to felons - just not specially FOR felons. Yup - felons aren't real popular these days. Nobody wants to step out and help.

excon

PS> By the way, you're not an EX felon. You're just a plain old felon and you will be for the rest of your life.
    julshubbard5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Where would I begin to go for grants for felons of non drug related or non serious or violent crimes?
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Hello again, j:

Like I said, there AREN'T any grants for felons - just plain old grants that you may or may not qualify for.

I'd Google the word "grants". You can add the word for school if that's what its for, or add whatever word the grant IS for.

I would not Google "grants for felons", although you might and see what you come up with.

excon
    aricka79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Im an ex offender with a felony while I was in jail I found several grants programs can you
    Assist me with finding them now.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Hello aricka:

It's not a good idea to piggyback on someone else's question... However, if you read what I said to that person in the post just above yours, that might get you going...

excon
    Jillian Wheeler Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2008, 04:12 PM
    There are educational grants and loans, if you are interested in going back to school. If you have a drug conviction, you may not qualify for federal assistance, but there are lots of private scholarships. Check with the Financial Aid counselor at your community college.

If you're interested in starting a business, I'd recommend you check out the Small Business Administration site, at www.sba.gov. While you are there, take a look at the Microloan programs, which are great for small businesses that need under $40,000.

Unfortunately, there really aren't very many grants to start or grow a business, despite all the promises you see on the Internet. Some cities and states offer "economic development" programs, so it's worth checking to see if those exist in your area.

Of course, there are grants for projects that benefit the community, and many people have started such projects and created jobs for themselves.

Best of luck,

Jillian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants for ex felons [ 6 Answers ]

Where so I find grants for ex felons?

Grants for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Are their grants for felons

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Idaho and I am trying to locate a reliable source for obtaining a business grant. I have seen several ads, but none have worked out.

View more questions Search