Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxnomoresmilesx Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Worried about my friend
    My one friend who I really care about seems very depressed lately, he's scaring me and really worrying me. Everyday I think about him and want to cry and cut myself because of how much I care for him. I don't kow what I can do to help because I'm just as depressed, could someone please give me some ideas on how to let him know I care and that it would break my heart to have him die or something.

Aug 7, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Please anybody??
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
    I don't know a lot about mental health - hopefully someone else will answer this questions who does. However, I do know from experience that some of the signs of being suicidal are:
    Loss of Appetite
    Sleeping or Wanting to Sleep All the Time
    Loss of Interest in Activities/Hobbies
    Alienating Friends and Family

Your friend needs professional help. And so do you if you are cutting.

If I were you I would try to talk to him. Let him know that you care that he is going through a hard time. Make sure he knows that you love him and are important to him. Tell him that everyone feels depressed sometimes. Tell him that he can talk to you anytime. But also tell him that you think it would help him to talk to an adult - his parents, a priest or minister, a guidance counselor, a teacher, a counselor.

Share with him that you have problems too and that you know that you need help. Make a pact to get well together.

Then you need to talk to an adult. He might see this as a betrayal at first, but if you are fighting to save his life you must try everything.

Aug 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
    He's cutting too, he keeps a couple razors near his bed at night. I'm really stoned right now.. . But yeah I loves him
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2008, 01:07 PM
    An adult needs to know about this as soon as possible...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:51 PM
    He needs help and so do you. Why are you stone? What are your ages?

It's good that you care about your friend well being and he needs help, fast. If he's cutting hisself he can be placed in a hospital for observation because he's sudical. Do you know why he is acting this way. Tell someone asap before he do succeed at what's he is doing.

Also, in your post you stated you care about him so much you want to cry and cut yourself. Do not cut yourself, how your cutting yourself going help him and by the way, do you cut yourself?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:56 PM
    You can call this number and give it to your friend too:
    1-800-273-talk

Have you and this friend ever been involved with each other?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 06:27 PM
    You both need to get counseling for depression and cutting. You are no good for each other if you are both bringing each other down. Cutting yourself over him is not fixing anything. How does it improve your life or your life? To have a healthy relationship it takes to healthy people working at the relationship. You can't get anywhere the way the two of you are headed.

Aug 7, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Im 14 and yes I do cut, also you mean involved like ever dated or anything? No but he likes me and I like him (but won't admit it).
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Hi, xxnomoresmilesx!

I do feel badly that you are in the situation that your are in! I do agree that you need to be letting an adult know about what is going on. And, I would like to add, that it's important to be letting an adult know who can speak with you in person and not via the Internet. Over the phone is okay, but in person is much better!

What are you feeling and thinking right now?

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2008, 11:55 PM
    I feel really bad because like all this time I'm worrying about him and how sad he seems, he's worried about me being out all the time in the middle of the night getting really drunk and high on weed and e and stuff. Ex: (heres a text he sent me earlier) 'Ive already told you that I like you and I worry about you doing drugs... alot. Send me a message when you get home'
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Are the both of you at your respective homes right now with parents?

Aug 8, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Uhmm I don't know I'm really confused, his dads dead and his mom it like a crack addict, my parents are divorced and as of this coming Sunday I'm not going to go back to my dads, at least not for a while.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Then you don't really know how your friend is doing. I'm not sure that we can do anything about that. But, my concern for you right now is that you are safe.

Are you?

Aug 8, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Uhmm yeah I guess, but kind of not really because I have 4 caps of e on me and I wna pop them so bad :P
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Please don't do the drugs! Taking them isn't going to help anything! How are you affording to get them?

Aug 8, 2008, 12:21 AM
    My parents give me allowance of $20 a week if not more
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Are there some things that you really like to do besides getting high? Do you have any ambitions? How do you do in school, please?

It would help us to help you the best here if we could have a little more information about you.

Thanks!

Aug 8, 2008, 12:26 AM
    I do really why in school. But that's fine, I don't want to do good. My parents expect too much of me and I hate it.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 12:36 AM
    I don't understand what you mean by, "i do really y in school". Would you please explain that and also not use any chat acronyms here?

This site operates on an international level. If you use chat speak of any kind, you might not be understood by the people who could help you the most.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so worried about my friend [ 28 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm almost positive that a good friend of mine, a girl I care very much for and love dearly, has begun smoking pot. I have no idea why in the hell she would, as she is so far above doing that. She's smart, nice, sweet, caring, ambitious and all that... and I don't want to see her ruin...

Worried about a friend-depression [ 3 Answers ]

This friend of mine has been feeling very down this past 6 months. She's very negative about everything, her past, and also the life she's living at the moment. She didn't use to be like that. I try to make her see things more positively, to be grateful for what she has. She does talk to me more...

I'm worried about a friend [ 4 Answers ]

Okay... here goes I am a friend of this woman. Its her first kid... she is pregrant but smokes weed every day... she needs to take a drug test does anyone know anything that she can buy so she can pass it and it won't hurt the baby I don't agree with any female doing anything while...

I'm worried about my best friend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this friend and during the school year we were really close and all and I mean we still are but she is beginning to have some problems such as she has gotten back into smoking and drinking witch I got her out of when we became friends but she got back in with the wrong crowed and she...

Worried about a friend [ 5 Answers ]

This may be a long shot but can anyone tell me if a friend can be found by their e-mail address or mobile number? We were intouch with a friend in Athens up to 15 days ago when he last called us and we have not heard from him since, neither has his other friends we know. We are all becoming...

View more questions Search