Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BarbaraWouter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Difference between wall humidity stain due to leaking or condensation
    Hello,

In our house we have a wall where behind there is a sewer pipe running through an open vertical space. Last months have appear 2 stains that we think are due to humidity: first one is yellow and has stopped after some weeks, second one black and even when it does not grow is becoming darker and darker.

Without opening the wall, do you think is posssible to assess whether these stains are due to a leakage or to water condenation in the open space?

Thanks,

Barbara
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Hi Barbarar,
    IT could be either, but if you can call in a professional who deals with these sorts of things, then they've usually got a meter that they can measure whether you have damp inside the wall or it's down to condensation.
    They will also drill a few small holes in the wall... outside preferable... to see if you have any wet in your cavity wall which is where the damp could be eminating from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mansfield wall hydrant leaking [ 1 Answers ]

We had a broken Mansfield 500 hose bib which we replaced with new Mansfield parts including turning knob. But we are getting water leaking from behind the knob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bathroom wall getting water condensation [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a hallway bathroom with the back wall to the outside of the house, in Wheaton, IL. Now that it's really cold, we are seeing water condensing on that wall to the point where it flows. Also, that bathroom is significantly colder than any other room in the house. We just moved in,...

Standpipe Leaking under wall [ 1 Answers ]

For the last two years the stand pipe my washer drains into leaks under the wall into my carport, can this pipe rush? If so how should it be replace? I have "rodded" the pipe from the top of the roof and it will drain for a while and then back to leaking. Any help on this is greatly needed.

Leaking through wall [ 1 Answers ]

I want to ask how much will the plumber charge,if they repair? Can I fix it up myself?If so,how can I fix it up?

View more questions Search