Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trevaj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 03:14 PM
    Haunted by a Disorderly Conduct
    Will a Disorderly Conduct (Violation) sealed by the court prevent me from working for specifically for a bank? Or any other types of employment?

Also, will my fingerprints show up (the bank is requiring that I submit them) - they were confirmed by the city/county that they were destroyed & requested that the FBI remove them from the database as well?

Thanks for any quick response or clarification.

Paranoid
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2006, 04:37 PM
    Hello, sealed does not mean it does not exist, but for normal work related search of a criminal record, a sealed record does not show up.

And at some point everyone's fingerprints show up, I have been fingerprinted 30 times most likely for one security clearance, job, military or more. Normally if they are running your fingerprints though the police they are doing it for proof of who you are, and then also to have a record of who you are.

Can they find it if they want to dig enough, of course,

Next of course no the FBI will not destroy any fingerprints on file, but they will merely show who it is if the crime has been deleted.

But on the national NCIC system, every arrest even if found not guilty shows up, every conviction even sealed ones always show up. The police can see these forever and for national security work.

But when they give out these records to the public for work requirements any and all sealed record information will be deleted from the report before it is given out.

And I doubt that a disorderly conduct ( depending on what happened) would stop you from getting most jobs. Protesting the war, protesting abortion, talking back to a police officer can get you that charge.

Also if it was a city charge, often they don't even report it to the national system.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 05:45 AM
    HI,
    As to your first question, a Disorderly Conduct charge is usually, but not always in every case, reduced to a Misdemeanor charge.
    If that's the case, then it should not be of too much importance in applications for a job. Usually, applications want "Felony" charges listed, and many say "other than Misdemeanor".
    Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Haunted? [ 31 Answers ]

Okay, you all are going to think I have lost my mind, but I wonder sometimes if I am haunted. That probably sounds like a weird thing to day, but it seems like weird things seem to follow me wherever I go. We just moved into our first home (my husband,son and I), it was for sale as an estate, and...

Haunted Hampton Bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hey!! My ceiling fan comes on at least twice a day without any one turning the fan on. It may pop on in the middle of the night or when no one is home. Is something wrong with my remote or is their some faulty wiring or what. My fan also makes a weird noise when in speed 2 or 3 and shakes...

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

Defense against immoral conduct? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, A friend(Key Word) and school advisor recently divorced. Her husband had me served with a Arbitration Paper. It claims immoral acts on my part caused his divorce. I have never been to there home, and have several E-Mails from her which show I rebuked her advances and that I was only talking...

501 c.7 social club "Code of Conduct" [ 0 Answers ]

As president of a non-profit, social club with 162 members, I am seeking help in conducting a code of conduct violation hearing. Specifically, a member has maliciously slandered a fellow member's reputation causing that person to resign from the club. This is a repeated attack on this highly...

View more questions Search