Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CAKT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Ripping up In Floor Heating
    I'm moving into a new house in the next 10 days. My husband is an electrician and is usually very handy but he installed in floor heating in the ensuite and it's not leveled plus we've been told the wires are too close together. My tile guy told us we need to rip up all the wires and re-level the floor if necessary. He said if we're careful ripping up the wires he may be able to install it his way.
    As long as the wires aren't touching is this a problem? What would be the easiest way to rip this up if we have to?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 11:20 AM
    There is a space requirement between wires depending on the manufacturers instructions. Usually this is because of output/density difference between different manufactures.

Ripping it up depends upon what kind of toold you have and if you know how to use them.

NOTE: always replace with new it is a false economy to use old direct electric heat cables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radiant floor heating book? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to plan a radiant floor heating system for my house (built in 1912). I am basically redoing the entire house top to bottom so I figure I might as well change from radiators to radiant heating. I understand the concepts and have read everything I can find on it. I'm looking for a good...

Does in-the-floor heating really need a separate circuit? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to put in under-the-tile floor heating in my bathroom, which is being renovated. The instructions that come with the heating cable say that the circuit for the heating wire must be separate. This is impossible to do! The heating wire that would go in is rated at only 300 watts. Is there...

Radiant floor heating in basement. [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I find that plywood with the channels in it for radiant tubing. And how much am I looking at, is it worth it? Thank you

Radiant Floor Heating [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a ranch house with natural gas radiant floor heating. It takes about 4 hours to reach my set temperature. Then it overshoots the temperature. Once it gets back down to the set temperature, the concrete (with embedded copper pipes) is cold again, which means another 4 hours to get...

FIR (far infared) floor heating systems [ 3 Answers ]

Question: Any one have experience with using FIR floor heating system versus other floor heating systems. Installation (is it easy to install) Controller (temperature controller) and power supply Operating costs (does anyone have actual electrical cost data) Long term - is there...

View more questions Search