Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corvettekenny Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 01:13 AM
    Does bankruptcy erase debts that have established judgements? Are there any exceptions to that rule?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by corvettekenny
    Does bankruptcy erase debts that have established judgements? Are there any exceptions to that rule?

Basically student loans, child support.

What specific debt are you asking about?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2008, 05:44 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Yes, if a judgement has been obtained the debt may be erased by Bankruptcy. Generally this applies only to secured or unsecured loans that are not government loans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Debts [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out a problem with bad debts for an adjusting entry. I think I have a clue, but I'm not to sure. If there is a bad debt estimated to be 1% of accounts receivable, do I just take 1 % of the total amount of accounts receivable and debit bad debts and credit allowance for...

Erasing SOME items from hard drive [ 7 Answers ]

I have created movies on Pinnacle Studio 11. I want to completely erase them from my hard drive as they are taking up space. I have already burned them on DVD's. How do I completely remove them, and all traces of them from my computer? Thanks

Bad Debts [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what are Bad Debts. Can someone explain with an example for me. Detailed explination would be appreciated. Thanks

Partially Erasing Hard Drive? [ 8 Answers ]

I have read that when files are deleted they can still be recovered by someone who gets his hands on the PC. I have also read that there may be files, data or images on a hard drive that were not intentionally downloaded by the user. Is any of this true? If so, is there a way to get rid of...

Erasing Re-recordable cd in nero [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, The problem I'm facing is preety unusual. The thing is that whenever I try to erase my rewritable cd it gets closed in between & I get an error message as " Error Erasing disc". I tried reinstallling the software, Dvd-ram drivers, the hole hardware but was unable to solve it. The same cds...

View more questions Search