Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2011, 10:35 PM
    The auto mode is controlled by two t-stats. One where air exits for reheating and the other where it enters drier drum. I would suspect they are out of calibration and need replacing. They have numbers stamped on them for different temps and are oval with a screw on each end and two wires. More than likely your drier is dirty which can also cause the problem. Dirt and lint residue build up on the inside of the air passages and block the sensors. You have to disassemble the drier and scrape and wash out the parts, except the motor-vacuum it out and then clean out blower fan, too. Don't be shy about taking it apart-the dirt builds up everywhere and will cause a fire. Then clean out exhaust vent pipe. This will probably cure your problem. DrTom4444
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2011, 10:37 PM
    Comment on classicshar's post
    What "plate" are you talking about? DrTom444
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2011, 02:45 PM
    There are two t-stats that regulate the auto dry cycle one where air leaves drum and another where air enters drum. One or both are bad or there is dirt and lint buildup on the ducts. Clean it and it will probably fix it. DrTom4444
    eosneadwd6eoeff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 05:57 AM
    I had the same problem and the repair man told me the fabric softener sheets coat the moisture sensor which should be cleaned from time to time or better yet don't use them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer [ 8 Answers ]

My maytag dryer won't start

Maytag neptune dryer does not heat in normal mode [ 2 Answers ]

Maytag Neptune dryer does not heat in normal mode but does in the system check mode for dry temp. would this indicate the thermostat is bad?

Maytag dryer runs too hot [ 5 Answers ]

Maytag dryer runs too hot. Does not seem to go to cool down cycle even on Perm Press setting. Where can I find an electrical schematic?

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

Older Maytag dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older Maytag dryer that will start one out of three times. Sometimes, it will chug like a car that won't turn over. We really don't want to have to buy a new dryer, so if there is a cheaper alternative please help!

View more questions Search