Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Montesorri Schools
    I am considering enrolling my children, ages 4 and 6, into a Montessori school in the fall. I have all the information, have been to the Montessori websites, and done a fair bit of research on it. I'm interested in other people's thoughts and opinions about the Montessori schools. If anyone has kids in one of the schools and could share their experience of it that would be great too. Thanks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2006, 04:41 PM
    My best buddy in Ottawa has a kid (5 y.o. girl) in Montesorri and they are trying to get their 1 1/2 year old in now. They let the school toilet train their little girl and they didn't do a very good job of it. The currilculum seems excellent but it's very expensive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Good programs, if one can afford them they are the best for their money.

Of course ( the FR part should give it away) I still prefer some of the private religious schools. Normally they have quite a waiting list.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Wow NeedKarma I didn't know they did toilet training... that's kind of weird. I would want to do that myself personally. I didn't realize they took any kids younger than 3. And yes the program is expensive... $4000 per child per year. That's one of the reasons too that I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money or not.

Haha about the religious schools, Fr Chuck. There is a Catholic school system here, but they are basically public schools with just a few added religious classes... they are funded by the government and their curriculum and other activities, etc, are identical to the public school system. There is also a completely private pentecostal Christian school, which I would never send my kids to, not just because we aren't Christian, but also because they use a paddle in that school, and they don't follow the government's curriculum guidelines. There are no Jewish parochial schools, just a Hebrew school, which is an after school program kind of like Sunday school. So the Montessori school is pretty much our only choice if we want a private school.
    Vanessa Vorster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Villa Montessori.doc
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    I am considering enrolling my children, ages 4 and 6, into a Montessori school in the fall. I have all the information, have been to the Montessori websites, and done a fair bit of research on it. I'm interested in other people's thoughts and opinions about the Montessori schools. If anyone has kids in one of the schools and could share their experience of it that would be great too. Thanks.
    Vanessa Vorster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 05:14 AM
    My Son of 5yrs now has been in Montessori Pre-school in S.A(Jhb)for 4years.They are great. FANTASTIC education wise, and care and love our children Like they are their own. You will not be sorry for enrolling them. They are strictBut they care. My boy can already read three letter words, and is only going to Pre-school next year
    reedtwil Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 11:23 AM
    If religious schools are out of the question, then I'd say go for a Montessori school. They will likely let you observe a class if you are unsure (great idea). If you can afford it, I'd say it's a great investment in your child's future.

http://mchnf.org

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maritime Law Schools [ 1 Answers ]

Am presently serving as a Second Mate on Merchant Marine Ships and am looking forward to enrol for a maritime Law school to upgrade my educational Qualification and pursue a career as a Marine Lawyer. I will be grateful if you can provide me with the details of the universities offering the...

Good psychics schools [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in the paranormal, and since my father committed suicide I have wanted to find out if he is still here or went to another place... I would like to get some real information on good psychic schools so that I can find him. Can anyone help me?

Looking at new schools [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find questions to ask a principal at a new school I am interviewing?

View more questions Search