Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syed_fazle_niaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Writing a persuasive cover letter for entry job
    How do I write a very persuasive cover letter for an entry job in advertising?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:37 AM
    There are plenty of sites devoted to the subject of how to write cover letters. If you click on the following link, you will find some a lot of them.

Writing Cover Letters Sample - Google Search

Now, in terms of us being the most helpful to you here, if you could post a draft of what you are thinking of writing, then we could look at it and give tips to you as to how to make it better.

Just for an example, I like to start mine something like the following:

Dear...

Please accept this correspondence as an indication of my interest in the position that you have open for (a, an)... I believe my qualifications for this position to be strong.

[Then I go on for a couple of paragraphs describing how and why I might be the best person suited for the position as well as some other things that I might have to offer to them or experience that might not already have been mentioned in my resume that might be specific to the type of position that they are wanting to be filled.]

[Closing] Please find attached a copy of my resume. I look forward to an opportunity to discuss how I might serve the needs of...

Sincerely,

[My name.]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proof reading a cover letter [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help with proof reading a letter for checking grammar and areas. John Do 25 5th Ave Bethlehem, PA 18018 [email protected] 600-814-0017 July 14, 2005

Cover Letter Help [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to write a cover letter for jobs as a museum educator or docent and I really don't know what to say. I have a B.A. in History and an M.A. in Adolescent Education, but my classroom management skills are, well, not exactly existent. I'm great with younger kids and I'm good at lesson...

Effective persuasive writing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi class I am new and I really need help with my on line classs bad:eek: :eek:

Writing a Check w/Insufficient Balance to Cover It [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Isn't it a crime to write a check out to someone well knowing that you don't have the money in the bank to cover it? As I heard it from a colleague, this would be considered a crime, and a big one in Maryland (where I live). Is that true? I've had three instances with the same person...

Effective Persuasive writing [ 2 Answers ]

How can I treat the subject of an essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of my point of view?

View more questions Search