Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptmaat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Child support and ssdi payments to mother
    Hi all, I just started collecting ssdi benefits for 1625.00 a month. Wellmy first check is coming and it already reduced and cutvin half for support of my 9 year old. Ok that's not a problem how ever I am still paying support to probation. My ex-wife is lazy and not applying for ssdi through my benefits. I called ssdi and told them the story and they told me that she has to apply to get ssdi payments through me. She is not coopertive and does not care that I have to suffer and live on half of what I worked for. SSDI also told me once my daughter gets ssdi payments my support will probably be lowered to almost nothing?? What do I do... Stumped?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:46 AM
    Can you either pick up the forms and take them to her if SSI allows you to or tell her you are picking her up and taking her there? Maybe think of reasons that it would be more beneficial for her to apply than to keep things where they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father paying child support to mother when daughter lives with dad's grandparents [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I don't know what to do he has a 15 year old daughter who lives with my husband's parents, she been living with them since 1994 when child services gave temporary custody to my husbands mom until the mom felt ready to get custody back. My husband didn't have the custody because he...

Father pays child support, but mother wants more? [ 8 Answers ]

My cousin lives in NY and mother of his child lives in NJ. He pays $550 a month in child support but she wants more. He makes around 550-650 a week after taxes, but is afraid he will lose everything if chil support amount is raise. It might sound like a lie but he barly surviving because NY is...

Can I sue my mother for back child support ? [ 10 Answers ]

My mom got custody of me at the age of 4 when my parents divorced and she kept me to the age of 6. I was neglacted while living with my mother. Then I moved in with my Aunt at 7 but my Aunt didn't get custody of me till I 13.I would like to use her because growing up she refused to pay even after...

View more questions Search