Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cscarolyncs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Why can't we become a ghost if we are still alive?
    Let me see if I can get this right; it's confusing. If the meaning of a ghost comes from a person that had a tragic event or otherwise, then why can't we be a ghost if we go through similar events, even if we are still alive? Say these events (for the live person) happened in Florida and moved to California, why can't there be an apparition that haunts the place in Florida?
    Confused Carolyn
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Because we still have flesh and blood. Why would you want to become a ghost?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 08:28 PM
    How do you know you DON'T, and you don't know that a part of you has split off.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 7, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Shamanic traditions from many parts of the world teach that that is exactly what happens: When you go through something very traumatic, like a car accident, your soul might think you are about to die, and partly leave your body. Part of it can get broken off and lost. What the shaman does to fix this is by deliberately becoming a ghost, going into trance and traveling to the place where the missing soul piece is, and getting it back.

By the way, that's why roller coasters are fun and scary, they trick your body and soul into thinking you are about to die. Be warned, if you ever decide to study shamanism, that one side effect is that after you get good at leaving your body and (if you get to this level) crossing into the realms of the dead and returning, roller coasters cease to be fun. Since your subconscious spirit knows what it feels like to really leave the living waking world, it can't be fooled any more. In the same way, ghost stories are much less entertaining (although they might be interesting from a technical standpoint--usually I end up wondering what I can do to help the poor ghost if the story is true). ;)

Blessings,

Alder
    cscarolyncs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 02:55 AM
    I figured it out after further research!
    Your words make a lot of sense. To me, this also equates to something called a memory imprint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Alive(?) [ 16 Answers ]

I was at a ski resort, and heard a song that was really good, in my opinion, that had the hook "I'm Alive" in it. The song had a sort of creppy-funk vibe. Sorry I can't give more info, but it's been awhile since I heard it, and it's driving me crazy. Thx in advance for any help.

Need Help, Please Its Eating Me Alive! [ 2 Answers ]

Its been I think around 2-5 years since I last saw this movie. Its about teenagers and love. First there are these groups of friends and two guys are dating these girls, one of the girls is popular in school. There is a third girl (who in my opion reminds me of the girl from secret world of alex...

I really Like him but he doesn't know I'm even alive! [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 15, and there's this boy I've been crushing on in the year above me. I haven't had a serious boyfriend in four years and it is really getting me down. So almost all of my friends know this boy except me! And they're making no move to introduce me to him even though they know I like him. He...

I'm alive [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know the artist that sings that song it is on line in a beautiful inspirational musical card

View more questions Search